So, I need a T9 keyboard app that works with the s-penSupport

1. Synchrodipity

Synchrodipity Member

I love my Note 2 - it's without a doubt the most powerful phone I've ever owned (and biggest) - however I'm not too happy with the keypad.

I use T9 in portrait mode ... but I miss the cursor arrows and I miss the ability to add words to the dictionary manually (I swear a lot). So, what do I do?

I've installed a couple of 3rd part apps ('Go Keypad', 'Perfect Keyboard' and 'Even Better'). They all come close, but none of them seem compatible with the s-pen - IE if you use the keypad for SMS, the pen loses functionality on other apps.

Any suggestions as to what might do the trick?

Advertisement
    :
  2. almath

almath Well-Known Member

Just suggestions, FlexT9 or maybe Swiftkey 3 and can't forget Swype. Try those out maybe one will fit your needs. :D
  3. Synchrodipity

Synchrodipity Member

Thank you.

From what I gather, Swiftkey doesn't support T9 mode, Flex T9 is no longer supported and Swipe is now only included as part of the OEM bundle.

I think my wishes are simply too advanced for the available software.
  4. almath

almath Well-Known Member

Ok FlexT9 is in the Amazon appstore. Slide it keyboard might work, also. :)
  5. Synchrodipity

Synchrodipity Member

Thanks.

I think the issue is that the s-pen input/drawing area is part of the bundled keyboard app, and therefore nothing else will support it for a while ('cos it's new).

I've contacted Samsung who have told me that they're working on a fix for adding custom words ... we shall see!
    ORD84 likes this.