So no Bluetooth transfering?General

Last Updated:

1. rossmathis

rossmathis Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

You mean to tell me this wonder-phone does everything but allow me to transfer videos/photos to another mobile phone? I mean I know we can root it all that jazz, but really? I can't do without all that non-sense?

Advertisement
  2. incrediblethrust

incrediblethrust New Member

i transferred my contacts via bluetooth between a bb curve and my incredible...
    i will try and transfer something else later and see how it goes...
    the only problem that i found is that you cant edit the transferred contacts for a reason unknown to me but it says its not doable and it force closes...

3. greenrolaids

greenrolaids Well-Known Member

i downloaded htc sync, and it had a huge issue.

There was one process that kept running and running and running. It made the little circle windows7 hour glass thingy go on and off and on and off.

There are alot of threads discussing this problem but so far htc does not have a fix... So.. no htc sync for me.

But, HTC sync is only for installing android programs that you have on your computer and syncing contacts and emails.

Since i use google calander and google for my contacts, i have no use for htc sync anyway.

I wish i was able to file transfer over bluetooth, like you can with the usb cable.
    Im sure there is an android app for that though.

4. jayno20

jayno20 Well-Known Member

Photos you definitely can, long hold on the photo then select share, then via bluetooth. Probably the same for videos.

5. greenrolaids

thx for the tip

6. greenrolaids

Just a fyi.. i went and downloaded "ESTRONGS FILE EXPLORER".

Its a file browser that allows you to browse files on your computer from your phone via bluetooth.

I could not get it to work and it crashed my phone 4 times and then locked it up twice.

A reviewer on the marketplace said that it worked on his incredible, so take that with a huge grain of salt.

7. rossmathis

rossmathis Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah...weird.

When I do that it seems to work, but when I select the little share button at the bottom of the screen it doesn't work that well.

Spanks for the info jayno20 :)

8. Lars

Lars Well-Known Member

I can surf network shares with estrongs over wifi. SUPER COOL. Copy and move files back and forth. I can also ftp in when I'm not on the lan; ie over 3G.

9. Todd M

Todd M Well-Known Member

Not having that issue with mine. It's transferring my backup files from MyBackup Pro to my PC right now, and I transferred some MP3s to it wirelessly from my PC.

EStrong File Explorer REPLACED Astro in a heartbeat for me since it has that functionality, along with FTP and Bluetooth transfer to go with LAN.