• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

So Whats Coming Next? Android 2.1? January?

Seriously, who cares about the unlock screen. Use a pattern anyway to secure your stuff. I like the clock font too.

What I really want is for them to make the damn OS SMOOOOTH. If HTC can make 1.6 smooth as butter when scrolling on an inferior processor why is it jaggedy on the Droid? 2.0.1 helped a touch, but there's so much more polish that can be done.

Upvote 0
Seriously, who cares about the unlock screen. Use a pattern anyway to secure your stuff. I like the clock font too.

What I really want is for them to make the damn OS SMOOOOTH. If HTC can make 1.6 smooth as butter when scrolling on an inferior processor why is it jaggedy on the Droid? 2.0.1 helped a touch, but there's so much more polish that can be done.

Digdug...brother...I have been complaining about this since the start...you took the words out of my mouth +1 Bro

Upvote 0

I agree with you the update helped the lag in keyboard a smudge but now the scrolling is glitchy. All in all I feel the update helped, and hope that 2.1 brings even better features and functionality to the table. P.s I'm not to worried they will keep up with droid for awhile, its a serious device.

Upvote 0
seriously lets hope they do something with the native music app because it is so ugly and primitive. if they want to be able to convince iphone users to jump ship they need to make this aspect of the phone so much better.

does anyone know of a third party music app out there that can correct this issue for now?

Upvote 0

Word, My friends eris seems way more smooth than my Droid. Dunno if its Moto problem or 2.x but it needs some love for sure.

Upvote 0
werent they talking some stuff about html5 and flash support?

I thought HTML5 is already supported by the Droid.

Flash support will come from Adobe mid-2010 from what I've read, won't come from Moto.

The 2.1 update had better include a fix for BT voice dialing or some users (maybe including me) are going to start picketing Moto/Verizon's offices. :)

Upvote 0
Hopefully the next update will put my music in CD order, not alphabetical order like it is now :mad:

I was frustrated by this too, but I found a way to make it in order of the cd. I had ripped my cds using windows media player so they were .wma files (or whatever the extension is.) I downloaded Switch Sound file converter to convert my music files to Mp3. Once I did that, I dropped my albums into the Droid, and the problem was solved. :D

Upvote 0
I've made note of your complaint. It will be fixed in 2.0.2.

ugh, the off centered clock looks nice. If this is going to be changed, at least make it user customizable. I love the way the lock screen currently looks. too much debate to choose one way or the other, let the user choose his/her own preference.

Upvote 0
well, with the google phone apparently running 2.1 and having a grid button of sorts to view home screens as "cards" and support for more than 3 home screens, I would really like to know if these are features of the Google phone only or are they going to be standard android 2.1 features?

2.1 "should" be 2.1, regardless of the phone. Like Windows 7 on one PC is the same as Windows 7 on another...

However, the Google phones distributed to their employees could have add-ons/plug-ins/widgets that enable features that aren't part of the core OS, and might only be available on the Google phones.

You've seen home screen replacements on our phones, and the Sense UI running on HTC phones. What you're referring to on the Google phone home screen could be (is likely?) more of that...

Good article here...

http://www.pcworld.com/article/184610/the_google_phone_reasons_to_remain_skeptical.html

Upvote 0
2.1 "should" be 2.1, regardless of the phone. Like Windows 7 on one PC is the same as Windows 7 on another...

However, the Google phones distributed to their employees could have add-ons/plug-ins/widgets that enable features that aren't part of the core OS, and might only be available on the Google phones.

You've seen home screen replacements on our phones, and the Sense UI running on HTC phones. What you're referring to on the Google phone home screen could be (is likely?) more of that...

Good article here...

The 'Google Phone': Reasons to Remain Skeptical - PC World
I would be shocked if the Nexus One wasn't running bone stock Android 2.1. Why would Google be internally testing a phone with a non-standard OS build?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones