• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Social media manager/advertsing tips & photo/text editor, 2 part ?

Alright, 2 part question. so I've got this crafting business & I'm interesting in learning about using social media sites for advertising. I heard hootsuite is good for connecting to multiple platforms but it costs $9 a month to be able to create pre-made posts on a timer. Are there any multiple social media managers that can do this, for free/less?
What else does the droid hold to use to create business? I have a facebook page & plan on using etsy & storeenvy...tips would be greatly loved!

2nd..
I am not an amature photo/text editor, & I know there are tons of choices on the market for photo & text editors. I am looking to use it for business purposes, but my style tends to be a little funky too...would be nice to have a lot of filters & -usable- frames... Thanks

I read or belong to quite a few craft fora, and most posters use Ipads. They use Ipads so they don't have to think about how to do anything with the tablet, but read and make contact with what they are interested in. It seems that Apple has quite a bit of craft apps and that's what most are after. They probably buy using the Ipad, too.

Some actually have no idea of how to transfer embroidery files to an embroidery machine using USB. Tech is simply not their area of interest.

You would probably be better off now using a PC and making stuff multi-platform and as easy as possible to understand.

Upvote 0
You would probably be better off now using a PC and making stuff multi-platform and as easy as possible to understand.

Having 10 + years experience (now retired) in the web hosting and site design bisness, you'll give yourself a major headache if you attempt any of this on anything other than a desktop computer. So I'm going to agree with the above quoted post 100%.

As for editors, Id invest in Adobe Photoshop for the PC, or use the free editor Gimp.

Upvote 0
I wish I could use my laptop but I can't afford the internet & my phones too much of a POS I feel to even attempt using it as a hotspot...not that I can afford the extra 15, though I have in the past attempted using apps that turn on the hotspot for free, I have not found one that works on my HTC one V. I will make a post in regards to this as I am quite curious to try again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones