• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [SOFTWARE] Adobe Flash Player 11.1.111.64 Froyo & GB / 11.1.115.69 ICS (Updated Flash Alternatives)

I say good riddance. Flash has sucked since inception, IMO. I avoid flash based web sites like the plague... even on a computer.

Puffin is supposed to be good, but lags like hell on our lowly Triumph.

Opera is the fastest browser by far, in my experience, on (our) older, less capable hardware.

Other than that, I really didn't understand your post.

Upvote 0
I say good riddance. Flash has sucked since inception, IMO. I avoid flash based web sites like the plague... even on a computer.

Puffin is supposed to be good, but lags like hell on our lowly Triumph.

Opera is the fastest browser by far, in my experience, on (our) older, less capable hardware.

Other than that, I really didn't understand your post.

Yeah I'm glad it's gone too. I figured it deserved something like the sarcastic ie6 funeral or save ie6 campaigns since it sucked so bad. But it was a great convenience on my earlier Nexuses to have such a thing. It would be nice to still have it just in case. I never let Flash run wild - always set to click to play. thangfish, if you don't like Flash, you really don't even need Flashblock anymore these days. Firefox, Chrome, and even Internet Explorer have click to play in their settings. In Firefox go to Tools > Addons and select plugins from the left pane. Any plugin can be set to click to play. Firefox handles this particular concept better than Chrome because it's more obvious. Chrome has the same thing, but to configure for each plugin it's kind of hidden. Set any plugin in Firefox to "Ask to Activate" and Flash is by default set to enabled. It's under Shockwave Flash if you're looking for it. And as for Chrome? Hot dog menu button > Settings. Then click "Show advanced settings

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones