• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Software update?

Well I never rooted and I'm on B08c. Have been for months. So does this update just simply mean B20 is to force rooted Warp users to B08c update> Sorry I'm just confused if this is a update for all users or just rooted users? Thanks

Its not B20 its still B08c its just a patch job thats all

Reactions: austin316
Upvote 0
20120622-055951.jpg
[/IMG]

Still on b08 build, haven't been able to update to b08c from the device. I received notification about update s few days ago, but not the actual update as of yet.

Upvote 0
Do an abdpull of system/build.prop

I will get on that now, and I have confirmed I have the update. I tried the CWM exploits on my phone several times, then I used the same one on a friends phone with B08C BEFORE this update. and it worked first time. This IS just another way to avoid root. I will get and upload the build.prop to my dropbox and pm you the link

Upvote 0
Well the fact that everything is still the same, makes me wonder if it did anything at all, still no b08c, or any difference, and trust me if it seems anymore stable, I will notice, the darn thing restarts or freezes daily!

Haha well just keep us posted it wasnt a firmware update or software update at all its just a patch for whatever probably

Upvote 0
Okay so i just compared build.prop before and after update and the only thing changed is the software internel line
Before- ro.build.sw_internal_version=N860V1.0.0B16
After- ro.build.sw_internal_version=N860V1.0.0B20

Well this patch is messing with me, I rely on my WIFI-Tether for my home computer. But I should be off today, so I am going to spend today learning and trying to find a way to get this phone rooted and make a new one click, Today should be fun :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones