• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Solvable shortcomings?

Brownlow52

Lurker
Apr 10, 2016
Hi there!

Sorry if my doubts below are silly but I’ve just bough a tv box and I’m not sure whether I should keep it.

The model I bought is the Beelink i68 and there are two things nagging me about it:

1. First and foremost -though it may sound stupid- I don’t like that it can’t be properly switched off so, unless I pull the power cable out after using it, the external hard drive I have connected to it is on 24/7.
  2. I assumed I’d would be able to use it to act as a Wi-Fi repeater (which it does nicely in hotspot mode, though at the cost of losing its own connectivity).
I guess my question is: is there any way of solving either/both of these “problems” (i.e. making it possible to switch the box off completely and/or using it as a Wi-Fi repeater while keeping the box connected?

Cheers!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones