• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help |SOLVED] [Android 12, Evolution X] Camera app crashes in video mode

Winfried

Oct 11, 2011
Hello,

I got a second-hand Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 running Android 12 through the Evolution X ROM.

While the app works fine when taking pictures, it crashes when recording a video.

It can't be the SD card since files are saved into the phone's memory.

The app access rights seem OK.

FWIW, the following error message pops up when recording a short video: "Can't record — Another app may already be using the device's microphone to record."

Any idea what I could try?

Thank you.

https://i.postimg.cc/sxwXZG5Z/image.png

Reboot the phone and try straight away: if there genuinely is another app interfering there's a good chance a reboot will stop it.

On a similar note, try booting into safe mode, which prevents non-system apps running, then see whether the problem is still there. If not then it's likely some app you have installed is causing problems (and conversely if it is still problematic your own apps are excused from blame).

You could try a third party camera app and see whether it has the same problem (it likely will, but you never know).

Maybe visit the XDA-developers forum and try to find the thread for this ROM on this device. It's possible that it's a known problem with the ROM, or a particular build of the ROM. If you installed the ROM yourself you could consider reflashing it, or looking for an update (or even a different ROM). I say "if you installed it yourself" just because there is a little bit of a learning curve if you are not familiar with this stuff.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones