• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help [solved] How to launch ES on PROSCAN Tablet

Woody Boyd

Lurker
Dec 18, 2015
I'm a nube to Android, though the interaction has a firm Linux feel, despite an 8 year absence from Debian. Currently own a PROSCAN PLT-7100G, can navigate through most apps.

Looking to access and run video, primarily MP4's, secondarily FLV and SWF, unfortunately I can't navigate in File Explorer-fashion to the SD card. Got as far as viewing ES status through 'Settings'; under 'Running' Apps it displays ES file size, cache and run-status. Under 'Storage' reveals the 'mount' status of external drives and 'run' status of ES along with disk tool options, i.e., erase.

Can see MP3's on the SD card while Google 'Play Music' is open, but there's no obvious default video player for local or external storage video media. The 'Play Movies & TV' App doesn't provide 'Input File' access and appears to be strictly an online streaming App.

Very confident that if I can navigate to the video files Android will launch the 'App Store' to provide me compatible video player options to download.

Somewhat long-winded, but it distills to these two questions:

1) Is there a native video App I'm overlooking?

2) How do I open ES to directly navigate to the directory tree of the SD card?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones