• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [SOLVED] JB Bootloader?

joesixpack

Android Enthusiast
Jan 25, 2012
Northeast OH
How can I tell which bootloader I have loaded? I flashed Bugless Beast as my first ROM and I'm on LiquidSmooth now. I don't recall ever flashing just the JB bootloader.

Can I flash the JB bootloader without flashing a ROM afterwards? If I have to reflash the Liquid ROM, is it going to mess up any of my apps? I know I ask a lot of questions, but I'm new to this (hard to tell, right?) and really appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance, all.

How can I tell which bootloader I have loaded? I flashed Bugless Beast as my first ROM and I'm on LiquidSmooth now. I don't recall ever flashing just the JB bootloader.

Can I flash the JB bootloader without flashing a ROM afterwards? If I have to reflash the Liquid ROM, is it going to mess up any of my apps? I know I ask a lot of questions, but I'm new to this (hard to tell, right?) and really appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance, all.

you can flash a BL at any time (as long as its compatible) no wiping needed.

Both the ICS and JB bootloaders are compatible with each others ROMS, so no worries.

Reactions: joesixpack
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones