• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Some help needed on Sprite Migrate

Seifer

Jun 19, 2010
Hi all,

I just got my Samsung Galaxy S today. This is my first Android phone. I have been on WM for the past 5 years. I have been trying to setup the contacts on the phone and tearing out chunks of hair in the process.

I need some help from anyone who used Sprite Migrate to transfer the contacts. Do your contacts get created as phone contacts? Reason why I asked is that when I tried to download sprite mobile from app store, I will need to sign in to a gmail account (say g1) first. When I used the app later to create the contacts, they are all created as linked contacts of g1. How can I transfer them to the phone? I need to do so as linked contacts do not allow me to assign individual ringtones. Alternatively, if anyone can advise me how I can assign ringtone to linked contact, it will be appreciated too. I cannot find that option when I edit a contact, but it's there when I create a new one.

Many thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones