• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Some kind of Jupiter Jack App?

Jacob Koopa

Lurker
Jan 28, 2013
Alright, hopefully, I dont get razzed or thrown around for this. I never had to do this kind of thing before, but I am kind of running out of options here. Here is my problem:

I drive a carpool five days a week picking up my coworkers and dropping their kids off to the sitters. This run has me using my cell phone (A Metro PCS 4G Coolpad) a lot, and now that i have a stand for it to sit on in the work van, I want to try and use my radio as a glorified headset via the Auxillary input. Problem: Sound comes out OK, but so long as that speaker plug is in, the phone thinks its a headset and not speakers and therefore, will not separate the mic part to be from the phone itself. Result: I can hear them, they cant hear me.

I thought one solution is maybe an app that helps with this separation (i.e. a setting where the speakers are through the aux while the mic stays with the phone) So far, my searches in Google Play have been fruitless. Anyone know of an app that can do that, preferably free?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones