• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Some new user questions....

sptddog

Apr 19, 2010
I'm using POP3 mail. It works fine - but how the heck do I save a message? If I do as the manual says and hold the message from the all messages screen and get the option, there is no lock or save option. This will be really annoying if I can't save certain emails or sms texts.

SMS - do I honestly need the tracked conversations? Is there a way to turn that off? On my BB, it tracked, but I could change it to not track, or only track 1 message before, etc. My husband doesn't need to see a vent about him that shows up 10 messages down between me and a girlfriend. :rolleyes:

WTH size do I make picture to use it as my wallpaper? I read the 980x800 or whatever it was, but all that does is give me 1 eye and nose on each kid. I want to see it normal on the screen. I don't care if it doesn't 'move' on the other home screens. Call me old-fashioned. :p

Love the 'main' clock with it's animated weather - but does it have to be so darn BIG? Can it be re-sized?

TIA - I searched on all these, but mostly got linked to the tip and tricks, which is a bazillion pages long. Wading through is a nightmare of time. I wish the search function took me directly to the post - that would be super useful!!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones