• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Some questions about Instagram

louis2008

Nov 13, 2015
Does anyone know if I DO NOT follow someone and I DO NOT give "likes" to her post, but I have logged in and kept visiting his/her pages almost every day by searching her ID, without any action. In that case, would the system suggest me to her account in any way?

I found the instagram of a girl I love by some special means and I know her in reality but we don't have any internet or other networking connection or friends in common so I should never be shown to her mobile/internet/computer area. I do not want my account/profile to be possibly suggested or recommended to her. In that case, she may think that I have had intentionally searched for her which is certainly what I am worried about.

I do not want to log off and log in an empty account every time. It is so troublesome.

Does anyone know if I DO NOT follow someone and I DO NOT give "likes" to her post, but I have logged in and kept visiting his/her pages almost every day by searching her ID, without any action. In that case, would the system suggest me to her account in any way?

I found the instagram of a girl I love by some special means and I know her in reality but we don't have any internet or other networking connection or friends in common so I should never be shown to her mobile/internet/computer area. I do not want my account/profile to be possibly suggested or recommended to her. In that case, she may think that I have had intentionally searched for her which is certainly what I am worried about.

I do not want to log off and log in an empty account every time. It is so troublesome.
Easy just do not allow you to follow her and keep her in the search engine, that way you can still do what you got to do.. :)
Besides that is way how to trick out the system anyway.. :)

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Hey there! When it comes to social media platforms like Instagram, the algorithm suggests accounts based on various factors, including mutual connections, shared interests, and engagement history. While I can't guarantee the exact workings of Instagram's algorithm, it generally prioritizes showing suggestions based on active interactions and engagement. If you're not following someone, not liking their posts, and simply visiting their pages without any actions, it's less likely that the system will suggest your account to them. Instagram's algorithm tends to focus on accounts with more significant interactions. However, it's important to remember that algorithms can change over time, and there's no foolproof method to control or predict these suggestions entirely. If you're concerned about your account possibly being suggested to this person, one option could be to limit your interactions or visits to their profile.

I understand that as long as I actually visit her profile and I do nothing, instagram (and many other social platforms) will have a record of the fact that I once visited her in their log. But my question is if you think they will suggest me to somebody if I only visit them and DO NOT give like or follow or leave message and anything else.

Upvote 0

I feel you, it's a tricky situation. From what I know, the system might suggest accounts based on activity and connections, but if you're not following or liking her posts, it's less likely.

However, to be extra sure, you can adjust your privacy settings, so your account isn't easily discoverable. That way, you can keep visiting her pages without any worries.

I get that logging off and in with an empty account can be a hassle, but it might give you that added peace of mind. Just remember, stay cool, and things will work out. Good luck!

Reactions: Milo Williamson
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones