• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help some things not loading over wifi

New Rising

Android Enthusiast
Jul 7, 2011
I just got a new (refurbished) Bionic last wednesday from best buy, I returned my other one for bsod and rebooting issues. So far my new one is working good except for when im on wifi. A lot of times when im in the the market and search for an app the icon for the apps dont immediately load, i have to click on the app then the icon will load. On youtube, often all the videos wont load, some will show, some are just be black. On my amazon app when i search a product and click on it the picture doesn't fully load and the reviews and stuff don't load. I never had this problem on my other Bionic. I tried a factory reset and it still happens, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the apps, I tried clearing the caches. Any suggestion or reasons why this is happening? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

WIFI connection issues are usually not so cut and dry to diagnose... It may not be your Bionic, it could be the wireless router/access point that is having the trouble just as easily... Or it could be a minor compatibility between your Bionic and your router/access point.

Test your Bionic's connection with several different routers/access points ... don't rely on just what you experience with one connection location. If you consistantly have trouble on several locations then you can say it may be the phone...

The reverse can also hold true... Just because certain devices can connect to your router/access point doesn't mean all other devices will have trouble free connections. There are always two sides to this subject and both must work together.

As an example, I have a notebook that connects fine with most of my wireless routers but one... There isn't anything wrong with the notebook or my routers, just a compatibility issue exists between the one notebook and one router... so neither ( or both I guess ) are at fault.

Since you can't seperate hardware from the software required to make a device work... you won't know if the update will help your situation until you try it. There are too many variables in play to make an informed guess on that one.

Reactions: New Rising
Upvote 0
I actually tested it at my girlfriends house the other day on her wifi and i had the same issue i believe. I'm going there tonight so im gonna test it out a little more and see what happens. The internet seems to work fine, and most other things. Just a few things that are not which are really bugging me, I hope it's not the phone.

Upvote 0
Just some more things to keep in mind then...

If the router/access point are of the same brand or model at both locations... then you still can't rule out some odd compatibility issue... not that there is one, just that it can't be ruled out.

If you don't have any connection issues on a browser but you do on certain other apps... it may rule out the phone, your router/access point as well as your connection. This could indicate that the server on the other end is what is at fault or overloaded etc. An internet connection isn't fickle.... you either have one or not and if it is working reliably on your browser then it should also work using other apps unless the server those app's are talking too has some type of issues.

To make a simple example... If you can browse to Google.com reliably all of the time and it is only when you go to say... MSN.com that you can't connect.... more than likely your trouble would be with the MSN server and nothing in your own equipment that you do anything about. That is an over simplified example but close enough to give you an idea of the possible types of issues you may be experiencing.

Good luck no matter what you actually find...

Reactions: New Rising
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones