• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Something interesting i discovered

carmendiva

Android Expert
Feb 11, 2010
New Yor
I have no problem admitting i am a bit of a phone whore lol and i've now dabbled with all 4 major carriers

Verizon:
OG droid
Droid Eris
Palm pre Plus
Kin two
Droid Incredible
Droid X

At&t:
Iphone 3g & iphone 4
Xperia x10
Backflip
Captivate
Aria
Samsung Focus(windows phone 7)

Sprint:
Hero
Evo

T-mo(who i am with currently)
Vibrant
HD2
HD7
Nexus one(borrowed)
Mytouch 4g
and most recently, a g2

Okay so I am pretty familiar with various hardware, different UI's and of course carriers.

Recently my friend needed to do a number change and she wanted me to call in and talk to them for her...I also needed to do a number change(crazy ex-roommate lol). She is a post paid and I'm flexpay.

I called in for my line first and talked to flexpay. Everytime i speak to them, i have the urge to blow my brains out. Rude, broken english, Unprofessional, and constantly having to repeat things that i know they should've heard the first time.

So i sighed and hung up after i changed my number and called back in expecting the same experience. Post paid was AMAZINGLY great :) I can understand my rep, she understood me, chatted up a bit and was just a good experience.

So i relayed my experience with flexpay and asked who i could complain to and she then told me that Flexpay is known to be ruder and more stricter on customers and that there is a bad experience and she apologized for them.

It is sad. I've always wondered how t-mobile won awards for customer service because flexpay is horrible. I don't have bad credit or anything....I just have a limited history being only 18 years old(19 in august). I am still a contract customer, i have to pay my bill ahead of time(that is fine with me, i have the money). But t-mobile is just all around horrible with flexpay...Being charged for stuff that i requested be cancelled 2 months prior.

I love t-mobile's phone & I love their coverage(considering the general consensus is they suck) but their customer service and my experience with t-mobile has me wanting to go back to Verizon and pay the higher premium for a better service.

hi..

post paid is higher service cost... so they can afford the better quality worker in customer service and training for them.

that is a lot of phones...
makes me wonder... without sounding like an ass...
do you go through men just as fast? or even half as fast would suck for the men in your life.

:p

Upvote 0
I switched to T mobile from Verizon in November. I have 5 lines on my plan (4 of which are Android phones) and have always been a post pay customer. I switched because Verizon's customer service had been sooooo bad.

T mobile's customer service is great, I pay about $100 less a month for more air time, and service is great in my area too. Plus I really love the Nexus phones now that MOTO started screwing up Android recently.

Upvote 0
Hey Carmen, good to see/hear from you again. I mentioned this in another thread, so sorry for repeating the question but..... I thought we (Android) lost you to the iPhone.... on the Verizon network?

As for paying bills, I can see talking to a rep if as you mentioned, there was a discrepancy on your bill you needed taking care of. But besides times such as those I never talk to anyone. I just pay online. Quick and easy!

That being said, if someone on Verizons network doesn't step up and come out with a badass phone without a locked bootloader, then I may have no choice but to go to T-Mobile also and pick up which ever Nexus they're up to by then. Which would be totally cool with me device wise... I'm just no very knowledgable on their coverage or call quality?

Upvote 0
Hey Carmen, good to see/hear from you again. I mentioned this in another thread, so sorry for repeating the question but..... I thought we (Android) lost you to the iPhone.... on the Verizon network?

As for paying bills, I can see talking to a rep if as you mentioned, there was a discrepancy on your bill you needed taking care of. But besides times such as those I never talk to anyone. I just pay online. Quick and easy!

That being said, if someone on Verizons network doesn't step up and come out with a badass phone without a locked bootloader, then I may have no choice but to go to T-Mobile also and pick up which ever Nexus they're up to by then. Which would be totally cool with me device wise... I'm just no very knowledgable on their coverage or call quality?

Yeah i did have an iphone with Verizon but I kind of miss both android & the price point of t-mobile so i just made my brother stick his Droid X on the account and sold the iphone 4 for like 600 bucks :)

The way I see it, if the xperia play is a decent phone i may switch back to VZW but for now I like t-mobile...coverage wise

I travel a lot. I'm trying to work on a lot of things this year so i tend to fly around the US(europe)
A)College is first and foremost
B)modeling career
C)Acting Career
and even though it doesn't apply
I am hoping to start doing Video blogging sometime this year on youtube doing reviews for phones...Might as well put my whoring to use(god, that sounds bad lol)

So i travel alot and sometimes to very remote or rural areas and I always have coverage...and even with limited coverage, Wifi calling on Tmobile is a frigging godsend. I absolutely love it. Without it, I'd be freaking screwed!

Customer service leaves a lot to be desired with Tmobile flexpay. Being only 18, i have to take what I can get having a limited credit history

Sprint--Spending limit(which is cool)...sadly, there Customer Service is worst than Tmobile

Verizon-450 bucks deposit...I shouldn't complain. My limited credit history vs my sister's bad credit history and 750 bucks deposit

At&t-i think if im not mistaken wanted nearly a grand

and Tmobile--I just have to pay my first month in advance....

I say hey come on over & join me on the tmo sign. Postpaid customer service is great & the coverage is excellent...especially when you are near wifi

Upvote 0
I switched to T mobile from Verizon in November. I have 5 lines on my plan (4 of which are Android phones) and have always been a post pay customer. I switched because Verizon's customer service had been sooooo bad.

T mobile's customer service is great, I pay about $100 less a month for more air time, and service is great in my area too. Plus I really love the Nexus phones now that MOTO started screwing up Android recently.

Well i am nervous now. After 6 months i was told, i could be eligible to switch to Post paid(which i am so stoked for) provided i pay on time each month. Cool

However my billing is on the 8th of every month, with service restarting on the 9th for the next bill cycle.

I orginally had an HD7 on the account as my sole line. last wednesday i added a second line for the brother to get a moto cliq 2...I had to pay the first month in advance

For some reason, T-mo lost the payment or whatever...suspending service
for both lines(even though i had already paid on the original line). After calling in to dispute it and show that i had actually paid, service was restored but now im worried, i have to wait until august instead of april to get post paid upgrade eligibility

Upvote 0
Hey Carmen, did you read this article on Phandroid: T-Mobile to Eliminate FlexPay Plans | Android Phone Fans
Good news for you I hope :)

In an effort to provide pre-paid customers with an experience more similar to that of a postpaid contract customer, T-Mobile is doing away with their FlexPay plans and instituting a deposit system. The aim is to provide customers with poor or little credit to their names with an option that is more straightforward than FlexPay, a system that never really seemed to take off for the magenta carrier.
Depending on the result of a mandatory credit screen, customers will need to plop down a deposit ranging from $50 to $400 dollars. After this, the customer will receive many of the same perks as a postpaid customer, including handset subsidies. After 12 months of good standing, the customer can get their deposit back. Understanding that many customers may not want to run a credit check, T-Mobile will still provide pre-paid options as well

Reactions: carmendiva
Upvote 0
Yeah Roze :) i had just read it before i came here lol.

I love Tmonews! Great site for...well, tmo news haha

I dont think it directly affects me though.
My understanding is that it goes for new customers signing up for service. I think those who are still on flexpay will remain there

But like my dad said...I am only 18 years old, 19 in august. I have more then enough time to establish credit so i wont complain too much and I discover i can pretty much do everything i need to do via tmobiles web site

Upvote 0
Lol it's the same as me having to scroll home screen to homescreen looking for certain widgets

and OMG, DAN! I love you haha
Seriously, i had no idea they had the Windows Phone 7 launcher and i love it.

I might actually stick with Android...It's not true Windows Phone Metro Ui but it fools me enough to believe it is :)

Upvote 0
you are way to young for me... wait..
I am too old for you...

let me know how that launcher looks.

what I was talking about.. was ..
if you are in an app (like photos) and want to text a friend ..
you have to press "windows" button... dive in to texting...
then press "windows" button.. and dive deep back into the photo again to see the pic you where looking at.

in android.. hold "home" .. go into text..
Hold "home".. select photo app again at the photo you where looking at.

Upvote 0
you are way to young for me... wait..
I am too old for you...

let me know how that launcher looks.

what I was talking about.. was ..
if you are in an app (like photos) and want to text a friend ..
you have to press "windows" button... dive in to texting...
then press "windows" button.. and dive deep back into the photo again to see the pic you where looking at.

in android.. hold "home" .. go into text..
Hold "home".. select photo app again at the photo you where looking at.

Break my heart, why don't you :) Haha Just Messing

But yeah I get what you are saying. I felt like that when I got it the first few days but after I saw the UI was refined and I realized there was a benefit to no multi-tasking(which means no apps are open in the background that i had to worry about) it wasn't a big deal to me anymore.

But the Launcher 7 on my phone works pretty well, I'm liking it :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones