• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sony Xperia SP (C5303) BootLoop.

Goba96

Lurker
Jan 15, 2016
Hi guys!

I wanted to install a custom rom to my Sony Xperia SP (C5303) phone. I rooted it with KingRoot and wanted to boot into fastboot with the help of Quick Boot (Reboot) apk from the play store.
I pressed Bootloader button on the app, and since then my phone is in bootloop. If I hold the power button down, nothing happens, not even vibration. I can't remove battery (isn't removable) and can't turn it off. How can I fix this? I didn't even unlocked the bootloader.

Thanks for your answers in advance.

Sony devices tend to differ from most others in that they don't have the usual recovery options. Fastboot Mode is accessed, with the device powered off, by holding Vol_Up and then connecting to PC via the USB cable.

To force a shutdown: remove the back cover, and depress the OFF button with the tip of a pen (or similar). After a few seconds the phone should vibrate and power down.

In addition to the advice above by @James L, Sony's PC Companion software suite will also allow a "repair installation" of the most recent firmware to be done.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones