• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Soon as possible or wait?

JayJayW

Oct 13, 2010
I enter the last month of my O2 contract in a few weeks - which is when I can order a new phone - and I've decided to get a Desire, but what I'm wondering is, should I order straight away?

Or, bearing in mind that its two newer sisters - the Z and HD - are soon to be released, is it worth waiting a month or two to see if the Desire gets a price cut and therefore more attractive contracts?

Assuming you're going to re-sign the contract and get a signing discount anyways (as most contracts let you pay tiny fraction for re-signing) does it matter really? My Desire cost me $79.99 on a 3 year contract from Telus here in Canada, then it went on sale to $49.99 a month later (Which fortunately allowed me to Price Protect it and get my money back). My point is that $49.99 for this phone is a wicked deal already, any cheaper than that with the Z and HD around the corner would make it a no brainer for me.

Personally I'd wait it out for the 2 new ones. I doubt I'll see them here in Canada for at least another 6-10 months which is why I got the Desire as soon as it was available :) Of course contracts might not be as friendly as in Canada.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones