• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

sorry for the lame question, how do i change the apn setting on zte merit

blueandy

Lurker
Mar 27, 2013
so i picked up a zte merit for nothing awhile back. phone is fine, and hads the unlimited plan from net10. but i cant edit or change the apn setttings so i can receive mms and internet without wifi. basically if im at my neighbors i cant cruise the web. what the hell. i dont have to root it do i? computer illiterate so im afraid to root.(you probably figured that since i just got a zte merit, phone is quite old by now im sure) or is there another way to change the apn settings?

i tried to change the settings on the "your settings will be changed to -" to net10, after the test and said "something is wrong, we could not connect you to the internet via your operator. nothing has been changed on your phone. then it listed possible reasons. i tried twice to no avail. any ideas? yes it should be good to go on everything, i bought unlimited.

Upvote 0
Yea, bought mine back in Jan-Feb had it maybe a week or so and net10 killed mt data point blank. I been a customer almost 3 years and never once heard anything about them capping our data. So yep they shut it down. Now 3 1/2 months later, and numerous fights with the company, my threatening to sue for services paid for but not rendered and having my phone unlocked to go to Straight talk......SOMEONE FINALLY WANTED TO HELP! Bless her heart she sent several APNs for me to try, yet nothing.

I called customer service and was told there isnt much they can do since Net10 doesnt really have the correct apn settings for our phone models. Im slightly furious again.

Im sooooo close tho, I entereda mixture of the two apn settings and now when I check my status it says network connected, the 3G lights up green again with lil arrows pointing up where as to before today I've not had any of it to do that except when I activated the phone.

However, I am STILL unable to connect to my internet unless using wifi and have no mms or gps. Not sure what I done, doesnt let me see the apn after its set and configured. Tweakker didnt work either for me.

I really want to scream but know its not going to help any.

I'll keep searching around. Hopefully between us we will come up with something from somewhere or someone that works.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones