"Sorry! - the application Mail (process.htc.android.mail) has stopped unexpectedly"Support

1. GreatGoo

GreatGoo Well-Known Member

I have googled and searched this site for the following warning, "Sorry! - the application Mail (process.htc.android.mail) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again". I can't seem to find a resolution to this issue.

On my past iPhone the exchange sync worked just fine. Any ideas?

Thanks coming to anyone that provides insight! :D

Advertisement
  2. mcapozzi

mcapozzi Well-Known Member

I am assuming you setup the Exchange account with the proper settings.

Did it ever work, or did it just stop working?

-Mike
    GreatGoo likes this.
  3. GreatGoo

It works only sometimes. I get emails, but I often get that warning message. Seems like it can't always sync with the exchange server. Any ideas?
  4. mcapozzi

Hmmm, perhaps a spotty data connection, maybe.

Did you configure the Sync to happen at specified intervals, or did you set it up for push notification.

-Mike
    GreatGoo likes this.
  5. GreatGoo

That is a good question because now that i think about it I do have this issue when I have a low cell signal but I'm on WIFI. Could that be the reason why I'm having issues? How would i fix that?

I have the setting to push once something arrives.

I have only had this phone for 24 hours :D
  6. mcapozzi

I don't think you CAN fix it?

Wi-Fi shuts off automatically when the phone sleeps.

Do the crashes only occur when on Wi-Fi? Also, try changing the sync interval from push notifications to "every 10 minutes" and see if that has any effect.

-Mike
    GreatGoo likes this.
  7. GreatGoo

The more that I think about it, it shouldn't have anything to do with WIFI or cell signal. I shouldn't have to lower my settings to make it work. I didn't have to do this with my iPhone.

There has to be some sort of bug in the phone.
  8. GreatGoo

9. mcapozzi

Menu -> Settings -> About Phone -> System Updates

-Mike
  10. GreatGoo

No updates available. Man oh man. I'm in trouble if I can't get this to work.
  11. GreatGoo

So I did a little more investigating. It seems it wasn't my exchange email but my exchange calendar that was throwing it off. Right now I only have my work email synced and its working prefect.

Any ideas on how to fix the calendar?
  12. GreatGoo

Tried this. Didn't work.

1. Press your device's < Home > button, then press < Menu >.
    2. Select Settings and then Applications.
    3. Select Manage applications.
    4. Select Calendar Storage and then select Clear data. Answer OK when prompted.
    5. Restart your device (Press and hold the < End call > button, then select Power off. Press < End call > to power on).
  13. GreatGoo

Now when I'm trying to sync calendar I see this at the bottom very small.

"system out of memory"

Not enough memory to sync my calendar?????
  14. mcapozzi

You could always use Google calendar sync to sync your Outlook calendar to Google.

It isn't ideal, but it works.

-mike
    GreatGoo likes this.
  15. GreatGoo

You are thinking outside of the box. I like it.

I'll give it a try.
  16. GreatGoo

Boom that worked. Its a work around. Hopefully Andriod fixes their issues with outlook exchange.
  17. DillerDude

DillerDude New Member

I saw this thread and I have similar problem. I got my Desire on the release day and it has worked fine with all my mail accounts (1 smtp, 1 exchange, 2 gmail). This morning when I woke up a popup says "Sorry! - the application Mail (process.htc.android.mail) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again".

Problems:
    - I can't access the mail account at all. Therefor not able to edit or delete accounts.
    - I can't open contacts because it syncs with the mail and therefore pops the message with the same error message.
    - I can't sync or remove sync of the exchange because is pops the message.

Tried sollutions:
    - I restarted the phone.
    - I cleared the mail cash.
    - I tried gmail (and it works)
    - updated to firmware 1.21

I havn't installed any programs or done anything except talking and surfing on the phone yesterday.

Ideas anyone?
  18. daniann77

daniann77 New Member

I am getting this same error every time I try to open my folders in my Exchange email...it has worked fine for 3 months and all of a sudden it stopped working. I tried deleting cache and that didn't work. I keep reading that Touchdown is best to use when synching Exchange with Android so I may need to resort to that. Has anyone been using Touchdown to solve this problem.