• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sorta fix for lock screen lag

Like many of you I have gotten very tired of the Lock Screen Lag. So I went to the market and downloaded the free app "Simply Lockscreen" but I found that I just did not like the iphone look of it so in stead of uninstalling it i just went to the settings of the app and selected stop service which took me back to the original droid x lockscreen and guess what. No more lag. So for now on I will keep the Simply Lockscreen app on my phone and just not use it. You guys try it and let me know if it works for you.

Simply Lockscreen is in the market and on appbrain

Hope that helps

Reactions: BigJim94
You can fix the lock screen lag on 2.1 by disabling then re-enabling the lock screen...almost the exact same as you are doing, but it only lasts until you reboot the phone, then the lag comes right back. 2.2 mostly fixes it, it still lags sometimes but general unlocking does not lag like it does on 2.1

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones