Sorta fix for lock screen lagTips

Last Updated:

1. jh_husker

jh_husker Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Like many of you I have gotten very tired of the Lock Screen Lag. So I went to the market and downloaded the free app "Simply Lockscreen" but I found that I just did not like the iphone look of it so in stead of uninstalling it i just went to the settings of the app and selected stop service which took me back to the original droid x lockscreen and guess what. No more lag. So for now on I will keep the Simply Lockscreen app on my phone and just not use it. You guys try it and let me know if it works for you.

Simply Lockscreen is in the market and on appbrain

Hope that helps

Advertisement
    BigJim94 likes this.
  2. BigJim94

BigJim94 Well-Known Member

It does seem better.. What happens on reboot??? Does simply lock open or does it stay off??? Im too lazy to do it... Plus I would have to resize my widgets in LPP and that is a PITA.

3. mwpeck

mwpeck Well-Known Member

You can fix the lock screen lag on 2.1 by disabling then re-enabling the lock screen...almost the exact same as you are doing, but it only lasts until you reboot the phone, then the lag comes right back. 2.2 mostly fixes it, it still lags sometimes but general unlocking does not lag like it does on 2.1

4. sic0048

sic0048 Well-Known Member

I still get a big lag with 2.2. The lock will move across the entire screen without studdering (unlike 2.1), but it will sit "unlocked" on the screen for about 1/2 a second longer before loading the home screen. I finally bit the bullet and bought Widget Locker. No lag anymore!

5. Grad

Grad Well-Known Member

2.2 still lags for the unlock, but the answer call slider is smooth as silk.