• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sound Performance

matt88si

Android Enthusiast
Aug 24, 2011
Downers Grove, IL
Good morning all!

So I know I haven't posted in quite a long time, but that's besides the point when I came across an issue with my Electrify and decided the best place to turn to was good ol' Phandroid. :)

Today's topic will revolve around a sound performance issue I discovered while owning my Electrify.

The issue:
Constantly (more than one occassion) the music or sound will stop playing and I won't be able to hear my notifications or ringtones (and sometimes even media sounds) until I fully restart my phone. I typically leave the phone on for 4-5 days without a restart until the aformentioned issue occurs. I've tried everything from uninstalling/reinstalling certain apps to messing with the sound options in the software. Nothing seems to fix the problem except a reboot which gets to be quite annoying.

Here are the apps I have installed on my phone (that are not stock):
Angry Birds (Vanilla, Seasons, Rio, and Space)
Amazon App Store
B.Net Authenticator
Beautiful Widgets
Bejeweled - Uninstalled
Dead Space - Uninstalled
Defender II
Diablo III Game Guide
Dominick's
Gmote
Jenga
Kobo (eReader)
Lookout
Messenger (Facebook)
Pandora
Phandroid App
Plants Vs Zombies - Uninstalled
PNC Mobile
State Farm Pocket Agent
QR Droid
Rage of Bahamut
Redbox
Scramble
SketchBook
Steampunk Skull Live Wallpaper (Not active) - Uninstalled
Superuser
TegraZone Games
SWtOR Authenticator - Uninstalled
WoW Armory
Zedge

Yeah, I've got quite a few. At first, I thought the issue spawned from Zedge as I used their ringtones/notifications, but during the phone silence even USCC/Moto stock ringtones and notifications wouldn't play while in the Sounds section of the phones' options. Then, I thought that Words With Friends (not Scramble) had caused the issue as it really started around the time I installed it to my phone. I've had it uninstalled since, but the problem hasn't gone.

I know a system restore may be in order, but I'm trying to avoid that as with the hassel of some authenticators and games that require device registration. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know!

Edit: Uninstalled a few applications. Have yet to experience the issue since my last restart on 6/7/12 @ 9:55a.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones