• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sound volume during call too high

DawnGP143

Android Enthusiast
Dec 24, 2009
TN
The sound on my Eris during a call seems to be abnormally loud to me. I have nothing to compare it to other than my previous phones (BlackBerry). Does anyone else think their phone is REALLY LOUD during a call?

Yes, I've turned the volume all the way down :p

I believe there are multiple volumn levels, like keyboard click, ringer, media, etc. While in a call with phone app on desktop, you will be controlling either ringer or phone volumn ( either blue tooth or speaker or earpiece) - not media.

I'm talking about actually using the volume rocker on the side of the phone DURING a call. It shows it all the way down, but my GOSH it's loud.

Upvote 0
I'm not kidding....I've turned it as low as it will go, and it's still REALLY loud...like hurt my ears loud. Nobody else is experiencing this?

Actually, yes. The first time that i answered a call I could have used it as a speakerphone - and that is saying a lot; my hearing is not good. Turning down the volume to the lowest setting made it better for me, however.

Upvote 0
the inbound call volume on my phone is also kinda 'loud' in its lowest setting. it's not 'too loud' (for me), but definitely not as soft in the lowest setting as i'd like it to be. relatively speaking, it's louder (in its lowest setting) than any other phone i've ever used.

but having said that, i'll say that overall, this phone is THEE best "phone" i've ever had for actually making/receiving phone calls. i've hated some phones i've had over the years for their inability to play loud enough, or clear enough....but not this phone. inbound calls are 'rich', 'full', and as loud as i need/want (upwards....but not downwards! lol).

again, even on the lowest setting, it's not exactly 'quiet'....certainly as compared to other cell phones i've had in the past.....as i've had other phones that could be adjusted so that the inbound volume was as quiet as i wanted (all the way to near silent), but not here.

all in all, i'd rather have this phone be 'too loud' in its lowest setting than not loud enough in its highest setting (as i've experienced in many other phones).

Upvote 0
The sound on my Eris during a call seems to be abnormally loud to me. I have nothing to compare it to other than my previous phones (BlackBerry). Does anyone else think their phone is REALLY LOUD during a call?

Yes, I've turned the volume all the way down :p

Yeah Dawn, REAL nice talking about your call being too loud when so many have no volume whatsoever!! :D:D:D

Reactions: thenestor
Upvote 0
Yes, Dawn and other people: I have this same problem too. While I do consider myself slightly more sensitive to sound than others, it is almost umbearably loud even with the volume turned all the way down during a call. If anyone finds a solution, I'd love to know.

That being said, almost not being able to tolerate the volume level during a call even on the lowest setting, it truly sucks when I've had it on speakerphone with the volume all the way up and then I answer a call with the phone to my ear. OUCH. On the bright side, if I do that often enough, I won't have to complain about having too much volume while I have the phone to my ear because I won't have any hearing left if I keep doing that!:eek:

Upvote 0
I also have this problem. For those that haven't experienced it, it is not just "too loud for my sensitive ears," it is painfully loud. With the in-call volume at the lowest setting it is still so loud that I can feel the phone vibrating when the caller is speaking. It's completely ridiculous. A finger over the speaker or holding the phone away helps, but it's so loud that it's distorted.

I fixed mine (accidentally) by wiping out my phone and starting over a few months ago, but it came back with a vengeance this week. I suspect that the only real solution is a new phone. Sad.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones