Sound volume during call too highSupport

Last Updated:

1. DawnGP143

DawnGP143 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The sound on my Eris during a call seems to be abnormally loud to me. I have nothing to compare it to other than my previous phones (BlackBerry). Does anyone else think their phone is REALLY LOUD during a call?

Yes, I've turned the volume all the way down :p

Advertisement
  2. RayTheStray

RayTheStray Member

did u turn down WHILE IN A CALL?

3. DawnGP143

4. RayTheStray

RayTheStray Member

Just checking - I don't recall playing with the volumn button yet in a call, and my hearing is poor so it probaly wouldn't be loud to me, of course when I forgot to turn off the speaker mode... ouch!

5. DawnGP143

I'm not kidding....I've turned it as low as it will go, and it's still REALLY loud...like hurt my ears loud. Nobody else is experiencing this?

6. RayTheStray

RayTheStray Member

I believe there are multiple volumn levels, like keyboard click, ringer, media, etc. While in a call with phone app on desktop, you will be controlling either ringer or phone volumn ( either blue tooth or speaker or earpiece) - not media.

7. DawnGP143

I'm talking about actually using the volume rocker on the side of the phone DURING a call. It shows it all the way down, but my GOSH it's loud.

8. ericDylan

ericDylan Well-Known Member

i think it is you. i mean you must be extremely sensitive to sound! i dont have bad hearing myself and i keep it almost all the way up. if you truely have it as low as it will go and it is still to loud then sorry but there is something wrong with you if it is THAT loud.

9. bascherz

bascherz Member

My Eris won't let me change the call volume during a call. Well, at least not always. Sometimes the up/down buttons just do nothing but show me the volume level on the screen. Anyone else experiencing this apparently sporadic issue?

10. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Actually, yes. The first time that i answered a call I could have used it as a speakerphone - and that is saying a lot; my hearing is not good. Turning down the volume to the lowest setting made it better for me, however.

11. beeb

beeb Member

Does anyone with this problem want to trade phones? Mine isn't loud enough on speakerphone to actually USE it as a speakerphone, and I've turned the volume up all the way. I was told there is an app that can boost it but I don't see it on the marketplace.

12. bixler777

bixler777 Well-Known Member

the inbound call volume on my phone is also kinda 'loud' in its lowest setting. it's not 'too loud' (for me), but definitely not as soft in the lowest setting as i'd like it to be. relatively speaking, it's louder (in its lowest setting) than any other phone i've ever used.

but having said that, i'll say that overall, this phone is THEE best "phone" i've ever had for actually making/receiving phone calls. i've hated some phones i've had over the years for their inability to play loud enough, or clear enough....but not this phone. inbound calls are 'rich', 'full', and as loud as i need/want (upwards....but not downwards! lol).

again, even on the lowest setting, it's not exactly 'quiet'....certainly as compared to other cell phones i've had in the past.....as i've had other phones that could be adjusted so that the inbound volume was as quiet as i wanted (all the way to near silent), but not here.

all in all, i'd rather have this phone be 'too loud' in its lowest setting than not loud enough in its highest setting (as i've experienced in many other phones).

13. bixler777

bixler777 Well-Known Member

btw....i find that by turning the phone over (to the backside), i can hear the speakerphone much better. i use the speakerphone feature quite a lot, and have just got in the habit of holding the phone this way when in a call.

14. devanl

devanl New Member

I definitely have this problem to the point where it hurts if I don't hold the phone away from my ear.

Anyone find a way to turn it down below 0?

I've been using cVolume to make sure I'm at the lowest volume but its still too much :(

Thanks,
    Devan

15. slamb

slamb New Member

I too have this problem.

The volume is so loud that if I don't hold it away from my ear, it hurts.

I have tried holding my finger over the speaker and it helps, but I shouldn't have to do this.

There must be a volume control app out there that can fix this.

16. jayjay1122

jayjay1122 Well-Known Member

Yeah Dawn, REAL nice talking about your call being too loud when so many have no volume whatsoever!! :D:D:D

thenestor likes this.
  17. Diabolique

Diabolique Active Member

Yes, Dawn and other people: I have this same problem too. While I do consider myself slightly more sensitive to sound than others, it is almost umbearably loud even with the volume turned all the way down during a call. If anyone finds a solution, I'd love to know.

That being said, almost not being able to tolerate the volume level during a call even on the lowest setting, it truly sucks when I've had it on speakerphone with the volume all the way up and then I answer a call with the phone to my ear. OUCH. On the bright side, if I do that often enough, I won't have to complain about having too much volume while I have the phone to my ear because I won't have any hearing left if I keep doing that!:eek:

18. WineJones

WineJones Well-Known Member

This may be obvious, but just in case it's not.

Settings>Call>Hearing aids
    The note says, "Attention: Enabling HAC will amplify in-call volumne."

If you're having this "problem" you may want to confirm that this item is un-checked.

19. Diabolique

Diabolique Active Member

Thanks, I checked for that and it's not on. Good to know, though... I never knew that was there!

20. schwieb

schwieb New Member

Hate to be a 'me to' poster, but I have had the issue ever since upgrading to Android 2.1 (official release). It is so loud that it sounds like the speaker phone is on even though it absolutely isnt.

21. K8bug

K8bug New Member

I too have this problem and it has only been since the 2.1 update. I have my phone at the lowest call volume setting and it is loud enough to be a speaker phone. I am going to go deaf. My boyfriend has the same phone but doesn't seem to have the same problem. Don't know how to fix it?

22. thephased

thephased Well-Known Member

I've had this problem with 1.5 on my eris and again with 2.1 OTA. Not a big deal, I've gotten used to it and I don't talk on the phone much. During the call the volume is at the lowest, yet calls still sound really loud.

23. teeter

teeter New Member

I also have this problem. For those that haven't experienced it, it is not just "too loud for my sensitive ears," it is painfully loud. With the in-call volume at the lowest setting it is still so loud that I can feel the phone vibrating when the caller is speaking. It's completely ridiculous. A finger over the speaker or holding the phone away helps, but it's so loud that it's distorted.

I fixed mine (accidentally) by wiping out my phone and starting over a few months ago, but it came back with a vengeance this week. I suspect that the only real solution is a new phone. Sad.

24. Snerch

Snerch Well-Known Member