Speaker, mic etc quality of HTCs vs other makes

1. ajh94

ajh94 Well-Known Member

As we all know the speaker quality of the HTC Desire is not good at all and I have even noticed that the Desire HD, Sensation etc are not great either... The same goes for the mic quality when recording video and just the general look of the 720p video is not as good as even an iPhone. Even my Sony Ericsson K850i and W995 that I had before my Desire had MUCH better speaker, mic and camera quality and they weren't even smartphones!

The only thing I like about the iPhone 4 is that the speaker, mic and camera quality are all very good, I wish HTC was the same!

When it comes to Android phones I am mainly interested in HTC, Samsung and Sony Ericsson... I don't really care much for others such as LG and Motorola... My question is do all android devices have such bad speakers etc of HTCs or is it just HTC, are Samsung for example or any other makes better in those areas?

Cheers, Aaron.

Advertisement
  2. ajh94

ajh94 Well-Known Member

Anyone? Any input at all is welcome..
  3. Sak01

Sak01 Well-Known Member

The Sensation speaker quality isn't good either? That's surprising.

I don't use the camera too much and even when I do, I don't need high quality photos, so it's usually very low on my list of priorities when it comes to getting a phone.
  4. ajh94

ajh94 Well-Known Member

Yeah I know literally all HTCs have bad speakers and mics etc but I was wondering if it's just HTC or all android phones... I really don't like iPhone as much as Android but I do love the quality of parts and build quality of iPhones
  5. Ev0d3vil

Ev0d3vil Member

Sound quality on the desire is pretty good. Not the loudspeaker but the speaker in which you listen to calls. Mic, havent tried it yet. Just a 2 day old user of the desire.
  6. ajh94

ajh94 Well-Known Member

Yeah the calls are good, its the loudspeaker that I hate
  7. Boopolo

Boopolo Well-Known Member

I got the desire and think the speakers are a bit poor.
    Also anyone have problems with the location of the mic?
    Whichever hand i use to pick up phone i always seem to be blocking the mic or close to it (and even close to it will cause blocked sound) and the other end always says i cant hear you.
    and then i immediately take that finger away closest to the mic and all is fine.
    Never happened on any other phone i had.
  8. BurnCK

BurnCK Well-Known Member

Yeah HTC speaker quality is poor....even my cheap alternative android phone (Orange San Francisco) has a better speaker than my Desire.
  9. ajh94

ajh94 Well-Known Member

I can believe that cos my old SE K850i which is not even a smartphone had an excellent speaker but the Desire... very poor!! Do Samsung devices have better speakers than HTCs?
  10. matttye

matttye Well-Known Member

Yeah speaker is poor on the Desire, luckily I never really have to use it!
  11. DesireMe

DesireMe Well-Known Member

Is the Sensation really the same as the Desire?
  12. ajh94

ajh94 Well-Known Member

It's not the same, it is slightly better than the Desire but still not a speaker you can call good, the iPhone 4 still has a much better speaker.
  13. Usta

Usta Well-Known Member

It's really pity about the HTC phone speaker quality. HTC was able to make a good speaker in Touch Pro2 (WM), so they should have the technique to do that.
    Multimedia is an important part of a smartphone, and it looks like Samsung understands it better than HTC...
  14. ajh94

ajh94 Well-Known Member

Yeah i totally agree, HTCs phones are excellent apart from 1 thing, the speakers... and it is important. Lets hope in future they are better :)
  15. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

I had the Nexus One, sister to the Desire, and the speaker quality is horrible. It's not very loud and has a sort of buzzing to it if I put the phone on the table.

I now own a Motorola Atrix, and I have to say, that the speaker on the Atrix blew my Nexus One's speaker out of the water.

An example is that putting the N1 volume to max while I'm in the shower, I can't hear anything while showering. When I do the same with the Atrix, it's perfectly clear. I can actually rock out to the music when I'm showering!

Just from my experience with the N1 and what I've read, I do feel that the speaker is one of the area that HTC cheaped out on.
  16. ajh94

ajh94 Well-Known Member

I agree. I have heard the Samsung Galaxy S II has a better speaker than the HTC Sensation from a YouTube video. Its frustrating they cheaped out on that part of the phone as that's a very important part of multimedia. not good HTC, not good..