• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Speaker, mic etc quality of HTCs vs other makes

D

Deleted User

As we all know the speaker quality of the HTC Desire is not good at all and I have even noticed that the Desire HD, Sensation etc are not great either... The same goes for the mic quality when recording video and just the general look of the 720p video is not as good as even an iPhone. Even my Sony Ericsson K850i and W995 that I had before my Desire had MUCH better speaker, mic and camera quality and they weren't even smartphones!

The only thing I like about the iPhone 4 is that the speaker, mic and camera quality are all very good, I wish HTC was the same!

When it comes to Android phones I am mainly interested in HTC, Samsung and Sony Ericsson... I don't really care much for others such as LG and Motorola... My question is do all android devices have such bad speakers etc of HTCs or is it just HTC, are Samsung for example or any other makes better in those areas?

Cheers, Aaron.

I got the desire and think the speakers are a bit poor.
Also anyone have problems with the location of the mic?
Whichever hand i use to pick up phone i always seem to be blocking the mic or close to it (and even close to it will cause blocked sound) and the other end always says i cant hear you.
and then i immediately take that finger away closest to the mic and all is fine.
Never happened on any other phone i had.

Upvote 0
I had the Nexus One, sister to the Desire, and the speaker quality is horrible. It's not very loud and has a sort of buzzing to it if I put the phone on the table.

I now own a Motorola Atrix, and I have to say, that the speaker on the Atrix blew my Nexus One's speaker out of the water.

An example is that putting the N1 volume to max while I'm in the shower, I can't hear anything while showering. When I do the same with the Atrix, it's perfectly clear. I can actually rock out to the music when I'm showering!

Just from my experience with the N1 and what I've read, I do feel that the speaker is one of the area that HTC cheaped out on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones