• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Speech to text keeps blocking my swear words even though the appropriate box is unticked. Any ideas?

I can't help but I've just spent a few entertaining minutes playing around with this.

Strangely, while it blocks the common swear words, there are some such as "wanker" that it doesn't block even though that's pretty rude in English. I presume that Google's US centric view means that typical English swear words are not spotted whereas the American English ones are.

I'm so childish tee hee hee.

Upvote 0
Adding the salty words to the personal dictionary solved the problem for me
on a Galaxy S4 using Google Voice Typing....

Settings -> My device -> Language and Input -> Google Voice Typing (hit gear for those settings) -> Uncheck "Block Offensive Words"

Then:

Settings -> My device -> Language and Input ->Personal Dictionaries -> "English (United States)" [in my case] -> Click the Plus + sign on top bar -> Enter the phrase of your choice

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones