• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root speeding things up without giving up too much

royta

Jun 13, 2010
I received my replacement X2 yesterday due to a failed "back" button. My original was running stock rooted 2.3.4 with the battery fix and a few bloat apk's removed. My new phone came with 2.3.5 installed.

I'd like to speed things up on the phone, but absolutely have to have BT, WIFI, camera, and video camera. I also need to fix this battery % issue. The phone needs to be rock solid without the lousy stock lag I experienced with my old phone.

Suggestions?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

I read the V6 Supercharger OP on XDA, and I have no idea which script to run.
V6_SuperCharger_for_Android-update7.sh.txt
V6_SuperCharger_for_Android-update8.sh.txt
V6_SuperCharger_for_Android-Update9_RC8.2.sh.pdf
V6_SuperCharger_for_Android-Update9_RC9.sh.pdf
V6_SuperCharger_for_Android-Update9_RC10.sh.pdf
V6_SuperCharger_for_Android-Update9_RC11_Test_6.sh.pdf
V6_SuperCharger_for_Android-Update9_RC11_Test_9.sh.txt
V6_SuperCharger_for_Android-Update9_RC11_Test_9.sh.pdf (same as above I’m guessing)
An explanation of the differences between each of these scripts would very helpful.

Also, is there a reason why both busybox v1.19.3 and v1.19.4 are listed? Which should I install? My JRummy BusyBox Installer app lists up to 1.20.2.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones