• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Speficy Network settings per Wifi network?

Robmonster

Lurker
Jun 21, 2010
Morning all,

I alternate between two wifi networks on my HTC Desire running Android 2.2 ( I think!)

On one network I need to specify the network IP/subnet/Gateway and so on, on the other network I can use DHCP.

Is there any way to tell Android that whenever I connect to one wifi network it should use the static IP and on the other it should get an IP automatically?

I am forever going into advanced wifi settings and changing them back and forth. I'd love for my phone to remember the settings used on each wifi profile.

Rob

Morning all,

I alternate between two wifi networks on my HTC Desire running Android 2.2 ( I think!)

On one network I need to specify the network IP/subnet/Gateway and so on, on the other network I can use DHCP.

Is there any way to tell Android that whenever I connect to one wifi network it should use the static IP and on the other it should get an IP automatically?

I am forever going into advanced wifi settings and changing them back and forth. I'd love for my phone to remember the settings used on each wifi profile.

Rob

Wifi Static seems to do what you want and is highly rated in the market...

Wifi Static - Android app on AppBrain

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones