• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sports Apps

I just switched from iphone 3gs to droid and I hope i didnt make the wrong decision. part of me want to take it back for storm2 because i need my directv nfl super cast, espn, nfl fieldpass, cbs college sports. Please hear my plea create a real sports app (espn..etc from list above); i do not want to regret my decision buying the droid over storm 2. Droid is cool but its like having a cool gaming system with whack game (aka nintendo 64) i rather have a slightly inferior system with cool games that i enjoy. I mean if the better system also has the great good games it can become legendary (ie nintendo, super nintendo, sega genesis, playstation, playstation 2, xbox 360). cuz right now I am hoping it dont turn into a n64, turbografix 16, or sega 32x/sega saturn. Cool concept whack games.

Upvote 0
DirecTV now has the NFL Supercast up and running for droid. Also I believe CBS has an app as well.

For sports news, etc.. I would recommend picking up SportsTap and Google Scoreboard.

Also there is a fantasy ap up for MyFantasyLeague that is great for following any fantasy teams you have on their service (If you don't run a league there you should check it out for next season, highly customizable).

Upvote 0
Yeah this is week 3 of nfl supercast ondroid...good app but a lil lag between sound and picture.......but all n all I love it. I listen to it cuz at work I cnt sit there n watch it so I plug it n to my boombox so I can keep up wit wats goin on..... the cbs app; I'm waitn for them to do like iphone and allow u to watch live cbs games. All n all best free app is sportstap but best nfl app is supercast by far.
Yeah I recant my comments before droid market is like apples and oranges to apple store. But all n all I'm cool wit the droid and i customizing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones