• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sports armband for HTC Desire

R

rumbataz

I'm looking for a good quality sports armband for the HTC Desire that I can buy from a supplier in the UK.

I'm not interested in using headphones but need the armband to be discreet (so it doesn't take up most of my upper arm!), sweatproof, comfortable to wear for long running/jogging sessions outdoors and one that holds the Desire securely without being too awkward to get the Desire into and out of the armband.

I haven't really been able to find a decent armband specifically for the HTC Desire. Reading some of the threads on here some people are using armbands for the iPhone and I know that Morpeth Mobiles sell one that says it's for the Desire but the picture and text are for the iPhone so i'm not sure if it is specifically for the Desire.

I tried out the Tune Belt armband over the weekend. Firstly, the packaging it came in said it was for the iPhone so it's not made for the HTC Desire specifically, despite what Morpeth Mobiles site states. Thus, the armband is a very tight fit height-wise for the HTC Desire.

The armband is a lot less bulky than it appears in the pictures and is quite discreet when worn. The front of the phone pouch has a transparent plastic cover so this will protect the phone from the elements. The touch screen works fine through the cover.

I found the armband quite fiddly to attach. It's almost impossible to secure the armband on your upper arm directly. The best thing to do is secure the velcro strap at its widest setting and then put the phone into the pouch. Then slide the armband up your arm until it is in position at your upper arm and then tighten the velcro strap further.

Viewing the phone was very difficult in bright sunlight but this isn't a fault with the armband.

In use the armband was comfortable and didn't shift at all during my run. The phone felt secure.

All in all, i'm happy with the Tune Belt armband. Morpeth Mobiles shouldn't really specify it as for the HTC Desire as it clearly isn't, but the Desire fits...just. The Desire is slightly taller than the iPhone so securing the top neoprene flap is quite difficult to do but it can be done with some force.

Upvote 0
^ Not that I have noticed. I always wipe down the phone after it has been in the armband anyway. Despite the claims on the website, the Tune Belt armband doesn't really protect the phone from sweat. You only have the neoprene material between your arm and the phone. Neoprene is a breathable fabric so this would help keep condensation away.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones