• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Spotify, Joox, Deezer. How its works?

Ging3r0ne

Lurker
Nov 25, 2015
Hi, I just thinking how these streaming music/videos apps like Spotify, Joox, Deezer e.t.c using the internet data/quota without having to subscribe to any internet packages/plan. Can anybody explain how these apps works with the internet data/quota? How these apps send permission to use the internet. I lived in Malaysia, here each of our carrier (prepaid) does provide us a 'basic internet connection' with speed of 64kbps/32kbps (my meter just go up to 30kbps only). So, I'm just curious whether can we use/modify this apps so it can tunnel the whole device (like Psiphon apps - google) so we can use the advantage of this apps using the internet to any other apps e.g facebook, ig, e.t.c. Please help me with this.

I use Deezer. The free plan lets me stream so I need to be connected to the internet for stuff to work (be it WiFi or 3G/4G) and the paid plan allows me to download tracks to my device.

I think Spotify works in a similar way.

So yeah, these apps can work without the internet (if that's what you're asking), but you generally need to pay for the privilege.

Reactions: Thom
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones