• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint data network in Houston

Headcase_Fargone

May 21, 2010
So I've been using my phone for a few days now, both at home, at work and a few other places around town. So far Sprint's network has been unusably slow. Is this normal?

For instance, 3G seems to be capping out around .5mbps, often closer to .2mbps, with tons of packetloss. By comparison, on AT&T I was consistently getting 1.5 and 1.8 in the same areas.

For anyone that had Sprint before the masses of early Evo adopters deluged Sprint's network, what was your experience? Does .5mbps seem about right? Am I just expecting too much?

It's probably right due to the masses picking up this phone, going on the Android Market, testing out QIK, testing out 4G, downloading their contacts from their Google account, testing out browsers/download speeds and everything else I forgot to mention. I think it will get better and level out a bit over time... except when the new wave of EVOs come out lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones