1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Sprint galaxy nexus vs galaxy s3

1. fr4usty

fr4usty Active Member

Sometime between now and Christmas I'm gonna be upgrading my sprint phone. I really want a galaxy nexus, I've wanted one for a while so this is the one I will most likely get. I just love aosp. I think stock ics and jb is so beautiful. But I recently found out that the galaxy s3 is going to be on sale for fifty dollars on black Friday at sprint. I just wanted to ask if there is a big difference in the quality of these phones. I know the battery and the processor aren't that much greater on the gs3, but they still are better, right? I'll still probably end up getting the nexus. But I was just curious to see if there was anything that might change my mind and make me want the gs3. Any replies would be appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Hardware wise, the SIII eats the Galaxy Nexus for breakfast. Better camera, better battery, better screen, better processor, better GPU, more storage, etc.

The only thing the Galaxy Nexus has over the SIII is that it gets updates faster because it has pure Android. You may want to consider the Nexus 4 instead.
  3. DROZ

DROZ Well-Known Member

My VZW nexus which is pretty much the same as the sprint model has terrible battery life, so I would go with the S3
  4. fr4usty

fr4usty Active Member

The screen and the battery really aren't that much better. I would love to get the nexus 4, but they aren't gonna have a cdma version. :(
  5. fr4usty

fr4usty Active Member

I'm really not too worried about battery life. Right now I have a HTC evo design 4G and I have to charge it like 3 times a day. So I'm sure the nexus will still be a big step up from what I have now.