Sprint has the White Body Glove CasesAccessories

Last Updated:

1. BigRick10

BigRick10 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just for those that wanted to know. Sprint will carrying the White Body Glove at launch. Working on getting a pic for you guys ;)

Didn't see the other thread. mods please close/merge

Advertisement
  2. katmandoo122

katmandoo122 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I picked it up. Don't like it though...going to return it. It's thick and girly. Chicks will dig it though.

3. offtheRIM

offtheRIM Well-Known Member

Yeah I seen it. Didn't really care for the white & chrome. I agree, a bit too "girly" for my taste.

4. xxINFIDELxx

xxINFIDELxx Well-Known Member

Every sprint store I went to this morning didn't have accessories. One didn't even have the phone. Ended up with the Best Buy(Seido) Platinum because it was the only case to be found.

5. wubbie075

wubbie075 Well-Known Member

I would love it if it were black & chrome.

6. Aldo Junior Ao2

Aldo Junior Ao2 Well-Known Member

I bought the white i really like it i'm a guy. Finally a phone that fits my hand.

7. wubbie075

I just took a sharpie to it and it looks pretty good considering I have really poor manual dexterity. I did get a little too much ink on the chrome but it is smooth and non-porous enough that you can scrape it off fairly well. I'm a little concerned about the ink rubbing off in my pocket, but I'll see how it goes after I let it dry overnight.

Will try to remember to post pics tomorrow.

8. newone757

newone757 Well-Known Member

^^thats not gonna end well

9. ajbrickyard

ajbrickyard Well-Known Member

I was thinking on the same lines but with some gloss black plastic spray paint and a couple coats of clear.

10. wubbie075

OK! So, all in all, I think it came out fantastically well. I was going into this little project on the assumption that I was tossing the $20 I paid for the case down the drain, but hoping for a good result. I really love that the texture of the formerly white section is preserved completely. Here are some pics!!

Photos taken with flash:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Photos taken without flash:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now, here is the problem. The ink is still rubbing off onto paper towels. It does seem to be improving though.

Paper towel rub upon waking up:

[​IMG]

Follow up paper towel rub (about 1 hr later):

[​IMG]

Paper towel rub from 1 minute ago. I had to work pretty hard to get some ink off, but it still is coming off:

(oopsie! screwed this one up and lost it)

I think the next step is to try some artists fixative spray. Heading out to pick some up in a few minutes. Will update soon!!

11. RedsGT

RedsGT Well-Known Member

You're posting link that look like this: "http://img16.imageshack.us/i/imag0018zl.jpg/"

You need to post links that look like this: :[​IMG]

Imageshack gives you the forum thumbnail code in the boxes on the right of each image.

wubbie075 likes this.
  12. wubbie075

Now the update....

I ran around all frikkin day today trying to find an art supply store in Queens NYC. Finally find one and buy the stuff. Get home and I pull off the cap to start spraying. There's no nozzle on the spray can. FML!!!

But, on my paper towel rub test, almost nothing came up. So I think I'm gonna take my chances and put the case on the phone when I go out tonight. I'll let you know if I ruin my pants by sweating all over the thing and cause the ink to run :D