Sprint Hero Problem with 2.1

Last Updated:

1. kirangopal

kirangopal Active Member This Topic's Starter

been reading the sprint hero forum. seems there are lots of problems with 2.1. issues such as Bluetooth connectivity and problems making and receiving texts and calls. Are we likely to get similar problems when 2.1 is released for the hero.

hope not or I might stick with 1.5!!

Advertisement
  2. ticho

ticho Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone can give you a conclusive answer at this time. Let's see what HTC comes up with!

3. jev

jev Well-Known Member

Bluetooth just isn't up to par yet in 2.1. It's buggy and implements a subset of the whole BT stack. It seems things are better in 2.2 (or so I heard). I don't think HTC will change that.

Don't know how tight the phone- and texting functions are tied into the OS so YMMV there.

4. Lozer_Kid

Lozer_Kid Well-Known Member

It guess it really depends on your phone. I'm pretty happy with the 2.1 update. I don't have problems with the keyboard lagging, I mean I do, but it's a minor problem, doesn't happen all the time, specially not now that I turned off the vibration and sound for everytime I hit a key, and I have no problems with receiving or making calls. Yes, It's buggy, but not everyone is really complaining about the 2.1 update.

5. HeroDroid1

HeroDroid1 New Member

Has anyone had issues with the weather app in 2.1? I used to be able to get extended more descriptive forecasts by tapping the word weather at the bottom of the screen when I was using 1.5, now I can't do that anymore.