• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root sprint hotspot

unfortunately, there is no way to get the hotspot unless you flash a custom rom. you really should looking into flashing mikfroyo 4.5. it has everything you are looking for:
bloatware removed and a hacked sprint hotspot. also it is a very small rom and does not take up a lot of internal memoy and because of that it is extremely fast. check it out.

i know about the hesitation on flashing different roms. i'm now totally addicted to trying something new on my phone. feel free to ask any questions you have.

Upvote 0
You actually can unlock the Sprint hotspot feature without flashing a custom rom that already has it unlocked. All of the ROMs that have the hotspot feature got the mod from Calkulin. You can flash this mod yourself, but I believe you need to at least have a deodexed ROM. You can get a stock ROM that is deodexed without much problem, though. Everything will still be stock, but you will simply be able to flash mods.

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...net-tethering-w-evo-4g-3g-wireless-wired.html

Reactions: htcman724
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones