• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint launching early upgrade program.....2-12 thru 4-14

falconey

Android Enthusiast
Dec 8, 2010
Sprint is offering a way to buy out your contract and qualify for an early upgrade if you are over 8 months into your current contract. The buyout amount decreases for those who are deeper into their contract(i.e. 9 months in cost more than 15 months in). Some of us former premier customers still have an annual upgrade we can use this year, but others may not be so lucky so this is another option for them.

Sprint launches early upgrade promo, wants you to stay and chat awhile - Engadget

Is Sprint really pushing to get rid of their WiMax devices?

Why buy another WiMax device and be stuck without 4G for another two years? If you are upgrading to the iPhone 4S, I suppose it doesn't matter.

I prefer to wait for an LTE device or the iPhone5 and save myself money. If Sprint doesn't have LTE in my area by the end of my contract, I am going to Verizon.

Edit: Compare Early Termination Fees to Early Upgrade Fees to see how much you would be saving: http://support.sprint.com/support/a...termination_fee/case-sp061027-20110823-171256

Upvote 0
Just tried to take advantage of this, but was denied. I still have an EVO 4g and still don't have WiMax in my area. I figured it would be about 2 years before we get LTE so I was going to pick up an Epic 4g Touch. I met all of the criteria listed in that post, yet they said that I still wasn't eligible. It seems that it's only available for certain people. They couldn't tell my why I wasn't eligible.

I'm actually glad I was denied at this point. I'm probably just going to end up switching to AT&T to get the Note.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones