Sprint LTE will kill your Triumph?General

1. Allaneato

Allaneato Well-Known Member

I've been trying to understand why VM can't in 8 weeks get my Triumph to work more than occationally, and I believe that Sprints LTE upgrades here in Minneapolis have effectively ended my VM EVDO service . Since VM doesn't have a LTE phone, only WIMAX, there's not even a phone upgrade to buy.

I'm finding more and VM customers having huge service quality declines as well.

Comments?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Rcarnes91

Rcarnes91 Well-Known Member

Vm sucks I have had nothing but problems with them hell I am trying to get a replacement right now(charger issues) and it has been 2 weeks and they still have not sent my replacement, I keep getting oh we have been super busy and don't have time to respond to an email until you email to complain
  3. tcross8361

tcross8361 Well-Known Member

I have actually been seeing an increase in data speeds on 3g since switching over to the Galaxy S2. This is only my opinion but I think they are either throttling the speeds on the $25 grandfathered plans or the Triumph just has a poor radio in it. I don't have any other proof other than inside of a week I went from 128 kb- 300kb or so on the Triumph to over 1 mb on the Galaxy S2. I think it's because they are trying to frustrate and push people off the $25 plans. But as I said, I don't have solid proof. Just my assumptions.
  4. wildplace

wildplace Active Member

if u r seeing a major speed increased, that is mostly like because of what they called winmax or simply 4G. considering 1Mbit for 4G is pretty slow...so vm still sucks :smokingsomb:
  5. chucksaysblah

chucksaysblah Well-Known Member

service is equal to the money you pay. pay more money for other carriers if you want faster speeds.
  6. Rcarnes91

That is a naive way to think because we pay for 3g service some people pay for 4g and you are delivered 2g speeds you can even get cheaper 4g service for less money that is 20x faster
  7. soraso753

soraso753 Member

I live in the Minneapolis area as well and my service has always been terrible especially after getting the triumph. I am convinced it is the poor cell radio in the phone combined with VM's terrible network. My data speeds are usually 100kbps-300kbps tops, which is really sad. As soon as I have the means to afford a new phone I'm leaving VM and going to T-Mobile and get a Nexus 4. Been putting up with terrible service for too long I can't even use data while out and about without constant time outs.
  8. odojoe

odojoe Well-Known Member

Please advise where I can get 4G for less than $25 a month.
  9. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Welcome to Minneapolis :) Sprint isn't good here right now with all of the upgrades going on.
  10. Rcarnes91

Well good luck even getting a 3g $25 plan now, but T-mobile has there 30 a month plan that give around 15 megs down for less then virgins 35 a month plan now oh and the service is better
  11. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

You're pretty limited with the 100minutes a month with that plan. Its not going to be for everyone.
  12. Rcarnes91

Meh just use Google voice and you have all the minutes you can want