• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help sprint updater ?

Are you using a Gmail account? If so, your contacts will be saved on your Gmail account, and it is just a matter of you entering your email address and password and you'll have all your contacts (and contact photos if saved in gmail). It will wipe everything else. Anybody who has an Android phone without a gmail account is missing out.
Get the SWupdater from the Sprint site. Once installed, go to
following folder C:\Program Files\Samsung Electronics\SWUpgrade\Models\Binary.
Cut (remove) the file that is in that folder and store it on your computer in a safe place. Get the new file you want from the SDX website (linked above), and place it in the folder that folder (you are simply replacing the old file with a new one). Got to SWupdater and follow the directions. That is it.

So if I want to put the original CL14 update back on my phone, would I just put the file I saved back into the binary folder and run the SWupdater?

Upvote 0
So if I want to put the original CL14 update back on my phone, would I just put the file I saved back into the binary folder and run the SWupdater?
Yes, you would need to remove the 2.1 from the binary folder and put the CL14 back in. I did it this morning, it is that easy. I went from 2.1 (first release) to CL14, to 2.1 with Joey's Recovery (this is what you want) all this morning. The only reason I went to CL14 is because I panicked when I couldn't get Joey's 2.1 to work. That was a result of the SDX server and my computer losing connectivity during the download. I would suggest not using Google Chrome for these files since it didn't tell me that the download was interrupted. I used Internet Explorer and it worked fine. This is a real easy deal. You'll like your phone much better.

Upvote 0
either flash 2.1 with joeys recovery built in or the dd03 2.1 then just joeys recovery flash

Unless I'm misunderstanding this, you do not want to flash the leaked 2.1, go straight to Joey's with the recovery built in. I flashed the leaked 2.1 without Joey's recovery, used it all weekend, then decided to load the one with the recovery. That wipes the phone again, so I had to reinstall all my apps and settings. Use the one with Joey's recovery built in.

Upvote 0
Dura
I get the error after the 2nd battery pull and after I click begin download. I am going to try on my laptop and see if that will work. It has never had the phone conected to it. I will keep you posted after my morning meeting.
What file are you trying to flash? Is it a .tar format? What size is it (how many kb)? I think you might be having a issue with the file in the binary folder. Make sure it is a .tar file. Also make sure it is the only file in the binary folder.

Upvote 0
Unless I'm misunderstanding this, you do not want to flash the leaked 2.1, go straight to Joey's with the recovery built in. I flashed the leaked 2.1 without Joey's recovery, used it all weekend, then decided to load the one with the recovery. That wipes the phone again, so I had to reinstall all my apps and settings. Use the one with Joey's recovery built in.
I installed dd03 before joeys recovery was available with 2.1, instead of losing all my settings and apps, I just did the joeys recovory on top of my existing 2.1, it just added joeys recovery and it went fine.

Upvote 0
I installed dd03 before joeys recovery was available with 2.1, instead of losing all my settings and apps, I just did the joeys recovory on top of my existing 2.1, it just added joeys recovery and it went fine.

I didn't know that was an option. Spent a bunch of time yesterday reintalling and configuring all the crap on my phone. Oh well. :eek:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones