[Sprint] We have Jellybean :)

Last Updated:

1. An UrgeTo Dance

An UrgeTo Dance The Hero of the Winds

Alrighty people it is here, we have a working and pretty stable version of Jellybean. This just shows the awesome powers of Android, less than 24 hours after the announcement and before the official release, we have an almost flawless build. Just hit the jump and flash away.

Jellybean found here.

Things not working.

MMS
    Some have weak wifi
    LTE (assuming)

Advertisement
    Rxpert83, akazabam and frenchy714 like this.
  2. frenchy714

frenchy714 Well-Known Member

That's what I'm talking about!
  3. An UrgeTo Dance

Okay so I just flashed this, and initial impression is, WOW this is fast. ICS was a huge improvement over gingerbread and JB makes ICS look like a snail on a salt bed. It doesn't have huge UI improvements and such but it pretty much perfects the ICS UI.
    AARONONE likes this.
  4. frenchy714

I'm assuming we have to run the stock kernel with this ROM, correct?
  5. frenchy714

How's the camera app? I read it's improved.
  6. An UrgeTo Dance

Nope Franco put out a beta JB kernel.

Yes it is improved a good bit over ICS.
    AARONONE and frenchy714 like this.
  7. An UrgeTo Dance

After a half day of use, it is running stable only thing not working for me is GPS, I haven't tested mms and I am not in an LTE area so I can't test that.
    AARONONE likes this.
  8. An UrgeTo Dance

Okay after 1 day of use, I still say this thing is stupid fast and I will probably not go back to ICS. The camera app is improved a good bit and seems to take better pictures. Finally one of my favorite things is the wifi is so much better than it was on ICS, it seems like I lose my first two signal bars faster but then I never lose the bottom two, plus its faster. I can't wait till AOKP team gets their hands on this!
    AARONONE likes this.
  9. An UrgeTo Dance

10. frenchy714

Yeah, when I have time I'll flash Vicious's JB version and push the gps.conf fix and see what we get.
  11. itiscosmo

itiscosmo Well-Known Member

hi ..ive been on vicious for a day now and find its fine with the inculded franco kernal but understand its even smoother with the stock one thats available for download...only tweak i did so far was a battery percentage zip i added for jelly on xda theme page but its better for me than acs even doing the ..wipe then 5 then dirty acsrc1 with apn pack..but u might find it different for u..only my 2 cents worth.
    AARONONE likes this.
  12. itiscosmo

itiscosmo Well-Known Member

hi ..just 1 more note...not liking gpogle adding all there bloat...im very disapointed...google is as bad as the wireless phone companies...i got this to get away from bloat...will have to rethink my next purchase if this trend continues...sorry i like simple asop
  13. An UrgeTo Dance

Root explorer or Titanium Backup helps get rid of anything you don't need :) Normally with AOSP ROMs none of that is there but with this one it is.
  14. frenchy714

Keep in mind that this is a port from stock JB. Once ROM's really start getting developed for JB I'm sure bloatware will be removed. The other alternative is what Urge mentioned.

On another note, flashed ACS JB RC1, then pushed telephony.db fix, and everything is functional on my Gnex; MMS, SMS, GPS, and carrier is listed on my notification drop down like supposed to. I'm liking JB a lot. I'm running Trinity's JB12 kernel btw.
  15. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Well-Known Member

See now this is the exact reason I'm dying to get my hands on the Gnex. Seriously, like two days after the leak and boom! We have everything working with kernel included. Amazing. The 3vo doesn't even have ICS yet and now we're already onto JB here. Need to get my GNEX asap....
    9to5cynic, Rxpert83 and frenchy714 like this.
  16. AARONONE

AARONONE Well-Known Member

Yeah you do. This phone is amazing.
    frenchy714 likes this.
  17. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Well-Known Member

I just don't see the point in getting an LTE. I'm not trying to flame, but my personal preference is AOSP. I have ran Sense a lot, and just prefer the speed and customization of AOSP. I have ran Sense roms less and less during my time with the OG. My only complaint about aosp usually is that stuff won't always work 100% or can be a little buggy here and there, and to think that the Gnex already has Jellybean up and running and WORKING after only a couple of days blows my mind.

Sure the hardware is going to be better on the GSIII and LTEVO but I doubt that I will even be able to tell that much of a difference between them.
    NaterTots likes this.
  18. AARONONE

AARONONE Well-Known Member

2 friends have both phones and I couldn't tell the difference. Liked the ltevo but price was $100 cheaper for the gnex and its just as good IMO. Plus, easy to root, good dev support, and jb already. That's hard to beat.
  19. frenchy714

LTEvo has better hardware, but like mentioned, the difference isn't noticeable. I believe the main reason is because LTEvo is bogged down with Sense where the Gnex is not.

On another note Mizzou, Jelly Bean's speed makes ICS look dismal!
  20. An UrgeTo Dance

Okay so on JB my sms quit sending, back to ICS until I can devote time to figure out why.
  21. An UrgeTo Dance

Frenchy which jb are you running, Dream's or the other one?
  22. frenchy714

Were you using Go SMS or stock?
  23. frenchy714

24. An UrgeTo Dance

Go SMS, I can't stand the stock messaging app.