• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SprintTV... Interesting

I don't even like soccer, but I watched WC using my Evo and SprintTV. I like that one of the channels is ESPN. Can't wait to see what they do with football this season though.

With SprintTV, my Evo, and my 8000mah portable recharger, I'm loving catching all the sports. Wish they'd get GolfChannel and make it free though. Actually, I think they should make all the channels free for the $10 surcharge.

Upvote 0
I found myself watching the WC over my phone as well.

At first, I was disappointed with the audio quality...a lingering buzz in the background. Then I learned that it was just those dreaded vuvuzelas, and not my phone.

As for football, I too am interested to see what happens on Monday nights. Will ESPN be allowed to carry the game on mobiles, or will they be forced to show alternate programming? The same game won't be on the NFL Network, so I don't see any conflict.

Upvote 0
I started watching the World Cup on my propped-against-a-stapler Moment once my company's IT department realized they hadn't blocked univision.com's streaming video. I actually bumped into an IT guy while walking down the hall watching a match. He was doing the same thing on his EVO.

I'd be walking around and someone would be like, "Hey Tony. What's up?" and I be like, "Can't talk. World Cup." Or someone would say, "Excuse me, sir. How do I get to..." and I'd be like, "Bup bup bup. World Cup."

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones