• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Standard SMS app(Messages) trouble

mongohevv

Lurker
Mar 17, 2011
Hey!

I have some problems with my handset. I just installed and set the handcent SMS as the default SMS app, but on the lockscreen I'm getting notifications abaout how many unread messages there is in the standard SMS app which comes preinstalled with the handset.

I've tried to turn off all kinds of notifications in the standard app, and it doesnt come any notifications in the statusbar, but they still do in the lockscreen!

Someone else have the same problem? Solutions? Suggestions?

thanks!

Yeah I have the same problem. I've looked all over the web and no one has had an answer so I finally just started using stock message app again lol. I did delete the stock message apk when I rooted my phone, and it resolved the lock screen problem BUT then I couldn't send pic messages, so I reinstalled the stock apk. If sending pic messages isn't a big priority you can always delete the stock message apk.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones