• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Star app that is similar to Skyview on iOS

modernaire

Apr 16, 2013
Finally back on droid. Couldn't stand how Iphone wouldn't even let you adjust the white balance before taking a picture.

With that said...I'm looking for an app that allows you to look at stars..except, I'm having a hard time finding one that works with the actual stars similar to Skyview on Iphone.

Everything I can find seems to have an "animation" of the stars, or a chart, and doesn't work with the stars in the sky as a background.

Is there any app that works like Skyview and shows constellations using the stars as they appear in the sky, opposed to Google Sky Map that uses a star chart?

I would be willing to purchase an app that does this as well, any help is appreciated. Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones