• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Still no Ice Cream Sandwich available for my handset?

angrymike

Lurker
Sep 21, 2012
Hi,

I've been patiently waiting for my Ice Cream Sandwich update on my SII and having waited months, each time I plugged in to Kies, it still said "No update available". So today I called my carrier (Orange in the UK). They took my details and told me that they'd look into it. Later they called me back and said they've spoken to Samsung and the ICS hasn't been verified for my handset yet, as the verification is done in batches, and the batch with my phone on hasn't been done yet.

Does that even sound possible? It sounds like I've just been fobbed off to me. Months and month since it became available yet some phones still haven't been given the update green light? Apparently they'll have the last of them verified in the next 20 days... By which point Jellybean will probably be coming out.

Anyone have any info or advice for me? Thanks a lot.

Hi,

I've been patiently waiting for my Ice Cream Sandwich update on my SII and having waited months, each time I plugged in to Kies, it still said "No update available". So today I called my carrier (Orange in the UK). They took my details and told me that they'd look into it. Later they called me back and said they've spoken to Samsung and the ICS hasn't been verified for my handset yet, as the verification is done in batches, and the batch with my phone on hasn't been done yet.

Does that even sound possible? It sounds like I've just been fobbed off to me. Months and month since it became available yet some phones still haven't been given the update green light? Apparently they'll have the last of them verified in the next 20 days... By which point Jellybean will probably be coming out.

Anyone have any info or advice for me? Thanks a lot.

Hello and welcome to Android Forums angrymike! :)

The quickest and easiest way to check if ICS has been released for your phone is to check out posts #1 and #2, here...

http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s2-international/523455-ics-csc-you-eligible-update.html

Reactions: angrymike
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Many thanks for your help. Mine says:

ORA = UNITED KINGDOM P

So it's bold and has a P, yet no update is available. Hmm. What should I do now? Thanks again.

Orange UK ICS update has been out for the GT-i9100 and the GT-i9100P variant for about 4 months.

If you haven't received it then there are a number of reasons given why this may be, in post #1 of the link. I do not understand why Orange could not answer your query straight away.

As for your options, they too are outlined in post #1. Either, take it to Orange/Samsung Service Point for flashing or update it yourself with Odin.

Upvote 0
Thanks for that. My CSC number isn't on there though. So sounds like what the guy said about the update not being available might be right? Seems outrageous to me. Makes me wonder why I have this specific phone. And I was the first person I know to get an SII, basically as soon as they came out.

What is your CSC code and which model do you have, GT-i9100 or GT-i9100P?

Upvote 0
I have the i9100M and apparently the update was available for my phone. When I plugged it into Keis the phone updated. Once the update was 100% completed the little loading circle just kept spinning and spinning for a very long time until eventually I got fed up and just disconnected my phone after a half hour of this. I have regularly had issues with my phone updating through Keis. I first attributed it to having a 64-bit Vista operating system on my PC. However, even when trying it on different pcs it never did work. I don't know exactly why it wouldn't update.

Unfortunately, before I had a chance to come on here and research what may be going wrong I smashed my phone in a mishap. My replacement SII i9100M came preloaded with ICS.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones