• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help stock chrome browser query

I don't think you can, not from within Chrome anyway.

There are dedicated apps for saving webpages but I usually just make sure the info I want is visible on the screen then do a screen capture - press power and volume down simultaneously until it beeps and shows the capture animation.

The captured screen is stored as a PNG (image) in /sdcard/Pictures/Screenshots but just opening the standard Gallery app will find it automagically anyway.

Easy :)

Upvote 0
Another way to save web pages for offline reading is by using an app like Pocket as John Bean suggested.

I love Pocket! Install the app, create an account then when you want to save a page, you can "Share" it to Pocket. When you open the Pocket app it'll download all the pages you've saved to it, so you have to plan ahead to do that before you're offline. There are also plugins for desktop browsers like Firefox, for example, so you have access practically everywhere.

Upvote 0
if you use tabs when browsing, chrome tends to keep most open tabs in your cache. So if you disconnect from wi-fi and later open chrome, your page should be fine without wi-fi. I used this process for a walkthrough for a game I was playing. Chrome saved the whole page (it was a lot of text) no problems accessing it offline.

I don't think this works if you shut down your tablet, or completely exit chrome. But I haven't experimented either one of those situations.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones