• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Stock Fusion 2 Backup File Rooted(CWM)

Yeah, as long you put the extracted folder in the /clockworkmod/backup folder all should be fine. (not a zip)

You do not need to root again, and cwm recovery is there forever, so you'll never have to do that again.

Make sure you are doing a factory reset, as well as wiping cache and dalvik partitions when you're flashing anything.

Upvote 0
Ok ZeRose, I just re-did it all and it still says that I don't have a SIM card installed in the phone, so it can't connect to a mobile network for voice or data services. Even though my SIM card is still in the phone.

And every time I try to open my camera, it closes down the gallery. Or like it says it doesn't have it.

It's like the phone isn't detecting my sim card.... but it detects it on my friend's fusion 2 so... any help?

Upvote 0
Yes, the method is the same.

No, I don't think you have, I think we can get it sorted.

If you're unsuccessful, I can jump on google and we can talk faster that way to try to get you up and running.

I have classes for a few more hours; so after.

I don't mean any disrespect with the next question; it was a problem someone had previously. (we had worked for hours to get it 'fixed')

Are you sure the Sim card is making contact with the pins? Is it in all the way, and correctly?

Reactions: flore64
Upvote 0
Okay. Just making sure.

Here are a few questions to get me started understanding exactly where you are at. Some may have been asked before, but this will help me help you.

1. Do you have Clockworkmod Recovery installed?

2. Was your phone reading the SIM card previously?

3. Have you ever had a ROM other than stock installed? (ICS or Jellybean)

4. Did you unlock your phone, or was it unlocked when you purchased it?

5. When you preform a restore of the file in the Original Post, do you receive any error messages?

6. Are there any details you can provide, that I have not yet asked?

I will do my best to help get you up and running asap.

Upvote 0
Cool beans!

I may be jumping the gun here, but I do believe I have brainstormed the answer; you need to install the Gingerbread baseband.

Because you were on the ICS baseband, and are switching back to Gingerbread, you have to reinstall the Gingerbread baseband.

This one you flash the .zip (Like when you flash ROMs)

Wipe the dalvik and cache partitions just to be safe.; install from zip; chose zip from SD; GB baseband.zip

https://www.copy.com/s/WZtpm1eQmZ7xfS4j/gb baseband.zip

You will have to restore your 3G, if you backed that up too.

Let me know if it worked.

Upvote 0
You put the gb baseband.zip file on your SD card

Reboot into recovery

(I'm winging this from memory; the name of the option might be slightly different)

Select: wipe cache partition, then advanced, and wipe dalvik cache

Select: Install from zip

Select: Chose zip from SD

Navigate to where you stored the GB baseband.zip

Select to begin installing the Gingerbread baseband.

Reboot the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones