• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stock Jellybean email app to autodownload emails?

zijincheng

Jan 14, 2012
Hi, the stock email app in Jellybean downloads pictures/text from emails when you open the email to view, but I'm wondering if there's a way to force email to download all incoming emails, opened or not, for offline viewing?

I would like to stick to the stock email app without installing a 3rd party email client.

Thank you

Mine does what I *think* you want. Each account inbox syncs up everything in it, read or not, when an email account is opened (using 4 accounts with the stock JB email app, not the dedicated Gmail app). Works for IMAP or POP3.

Of course to save data, an attachment is not downloaded until the attachment is selected, but it is then on the phone for offline use. For IMAP accounts this default behavior can be changed to auto-download attachments in the settings but only for when on wifi.

Linux user #266351. Android since v1.0

Upvote 0
Mine does what I *think* you want. Each account inbox syncs up everything in it, read or not, when an email account is opened (using 4 accounts with the stock JB email app, not the dedicated Gmail app). Works for IMAP or POP3.

Of course to save data, an attachment is not downloaded until the attachment is selected, but it is then on the phone for offline use. For IMAP accounts this default behavior can be changed to auto-download attachments in the settings but only for when on wifi.

Linux user #266351. Android since v1.0

Yes, however I would like email to sync all mail without even having to open the email app. Also will it download pictures in mail for offline viewing as well?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones