• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stock music player can't recognize all music files

stranger812

Lurker
Jul 25, 2010
Hi guys,

I'm a happy user for SGS for a few days until the stock music player disappointed me. I have around 390+ music files in my library but the stock music player can only show me around 213 files. If I use an app like astro player then I can play all of my 390 files (that's mean the file is there and playable).

Any solution how to make the stock music player see all of my files? or any other good music app recommended? have to say astro player doesn't sound that great. Thank you :)

I'm having the same problem on my DHD.... I use Poweramp which recognises most formats but my stock player says "no music files"; it seems to only recognise MP3 :( This means that my Cover Art Downloader also doesn't work etc. as it works off the stock player. I am now starting the process of converting all my audio files to MP3 via WinFF ....going to be a long day .

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones