• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stock Music Player Problems?

First off, let me start by saying I absolutely love this phone. It is an amazing device and I am very satisfied with it. My only problem with it is the stock music player. For whatever reason it has put all the songs in all of my albums in alphabetical order instead of the order they are supposed to be in the albums. I've tried removing the albums from my memory card and then putting them back in but that didn't work. I even tried numbering the songs so that way they could be in the correct order but it still put the songs in alphabetical order. Is anyone else having this problem or is it just my phone? If anyone could help me out with this issue I'd greatly appreciate it.

I had this issue too, because I left my phone in 'PC Mode' when I copied over the files, and did not choose to convert them.

In order to fix it, I had to delete the files, go into settings, applications, press menu, filter, all, and clear data for 'media storage' and the 'music' apps.

Then, restart the phone.

Then copy the songs back, but this time in USB Mass Storage mode. Maybe choosing convert will work too, but it'll be much faster just to copy them over.

Reactions: all3n_y
Upvote 0
@Fabolous: I appreciate your help and I tried what you said 3x but that didn't help. The songs are still wanting to be arranged in alphabetical order. I spoke to tech support today and the guy was no help. He basically said that it must have been a design flaw on the phone and no matter what I do its probably gonna continue to arrange the songs like that. He also said i should try calling Motorola to see if they can give me any further assistance but I haven't called yet. I really don't see how they could help but I guess it could be worth a try.

Do you know of anything else that might happen to help?

edit: Ok wow!!! I just spoke to tech support with Motorola and supposedly they said that is how the stock player was built - to arrange the songs in the album as alphabetical order. I think that is complete bullshit because not ALL of my albums have the songs in alphabetical order. If some of you can help to confirm or deny this, i'd really appreciate it. It's not a BIG DEAL to have the songs in alphabetical order, its just kinda annoying but still... this shouldn't be an issue!

Upvote 0
My stock player actually puts them in no logical order whatsoever. DoubleTwist player does not have this issue, and all my music is appropriately organized.

Edit: I guess I should note I'm transferring from a Mac and iTunes.

I think it depends on how the .mp3s are tagged. Funny thing is I use iTunes too. Maybe you're using that other format that iTunes likes to use, aac?

Where on earth do you put the files when you are in Mass Storage mode?

You can put them anywhere, the system will scan the whole sdcard for music. I just made a folder called Music.

Upvote 0
I made a new folder at the base level in teh "Files" app, placing files in this folder did NOT make them availiable to the music player. Any ideas what I did wrong? So far the only folder I have found that the music player is able to search is the "Downloads" folder. The fiels are fine, and if I navigate to them I can open them one at a time and they play, bu the music player does not find them.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones