• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help stock music player starts playing randomly

venom831

Lurker
Nov 3, 2013
I just got a Note 2 recently. I love the phone, as of right it's the best one I've had (and I've had quite a few!). So far I haven't had any issues, it hasn't bogged down, battery life has been great, and it's done everything I have asked it to.

However, I've been encountering some funny stuff going on with the stock music player. I have a couple albums loaded up on a memory card, and it will just randomly start playing music from them. I'm not rooted, don't have any apps installed to control the music, no extra eq or control stuff, anything like that. It's happened a couple of times when I've restarted the phone, as soon as it comes up, it starts playing music. In addition, the other day I was listening to Pandora on a headset, got a call, and when I hung up, pandora played for a split second, then the stock music app opened up, took over, and started playing music. Other times, it will just start playing by itself. Nobody from verizon or samsung seems to be able to know what's going on.

Each time it's happened, the phone has been laying on a solid surface, nothing touching the screen, and the display off (with the exception of it starting after the phone call). It seems to do it most frequently after a reboot, and after a call ends. Anyone else experience anything like this?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones