Stock SMS App

1. Reverent

Reverent Active Member

I've looked everywhere for an app to duplicate SMS. I've found a couple that look amazing, but they don't support MMS. I'm quite picky about how I want it to look. I want it to look identical to the stock SMS app for Jelly Bean/ICS.

I've already tried Handcent, GOSMS Pro, Pansi, Chomp SMS, Android 4.1 JB Messaging SMS, and ICS SMS.

I may just have to stick with my lame SG2 stock although I hate how big the font is.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Reverent

Reverent Active Member

3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

What exactly do you mean by "duplicate SMS"? I don't quite follow. Also, not sure on your phone but in my S3 mini you can adjust settings of the font in the SMS app.
  4. Reverent

Reverent Active Member

Duplicate the way the stock SMS app looks. I also know you can adjust them, but even the smallest size is still huge.
  5. Spikey1109

Spikey1109 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure I received a couple of MMS messages when I used GoSMS. Anyway, you should check that out, it was made by the GO Dev Team. The apps they make aren't always necessarily very fast, but they are very customizable and look great.
  6. chanchan05

Whats the problem with Handcent and Go? They can do MMS
  7. Reverent

Reverent Active Member

GoSMS comes with too many extras that I don't like and doesn't look truly stock. Handcent looks nothing like the stock Android sms.
  8. chanchan05

You can turn off all the extras on Go SMS. That's what I use. I too would like the stock look, but there really isn't any that I can find.
  9. Reverent

Reverent Active Member

I can find them, but they don't support MMS. I'm pretty picky when it comes to apps. I don't like the icon for Go SMS either.
  10. chanchan05

I don't like the icon on Go SMS either. So I replaced it with the stock icon. LOL. I'm using Nova Launcher Prime anyway.
  11. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

I hate the icon too but thats easily changed mate
    uploadfromtaptalk1368932248339.jpg
    The "inbox" icon here is Go Sms and Gmail (when gestured up).
    I really dislike how the Go devs do things but im yet to find a better sms app for me. Its so customisable in nearly every way :thumbup:
  12. Reverent

Reverent Active Member

That's the problem. I don't use a launcher because I like some of my widgets and so forth.
  13. funkylogik

A 3rd party launcher like Nova will let you use all your widgets mate :thumbup:
  14. Reverent

Reverent Active Member

Not the Touchwiz widgets.
    funkylogik likes this.
  15. funkylogik

What ones mate? dont think ive ever used any TW widgets but i just tried and it let me add the FM Radio and Negative Colours widgets. Not sure if theyre part of TW but theyre definately stock on my s3 :thumbup:
  16. Reverent

Reverent Active Member

The weather/clock widget. I really like it. I used to love the Sense one, but I like the TW one more. I don't really like any of the third party ones.
    funkylogik likes this.
  17. funkylogik

Yeah youre right there mate. I hadnt noticed because i hate those stock clock and weather things (hate my phone looking like everyone elses lol). Thats a shame. Wonder if its Samsung who prevent them being used or if its the 3rd party devs :confused:
    Have you tried Beautiful Widgets? Some of them look like the Sense and Tw ones i think :thumbup:
  18. Reverent

Reverent Active Member

I've tried it before. I'm trying not to put too many apps on my phone.
  19. funkylogik

Tbh you can have a few GB of apps on the s3 and it wont bat an eyelid mate. I only started to notice a drop in performance when my internal SD had like 1GB free. In my case, ive got rid of a lot of the Samsung system apps and run a Lite version of a samsung based rom :thumbup:
    EDIT sorry lol i forgot i wasnt in the s3 forum :)
  20. Reverent

Reverent Active Member

Well, it's more of a battery thing for me.
  21. funkylogik

Using a 3rd party widget shouldnt use any more or less power than a similar stock one mate. Widgets only use power when theyre being used
  22. Reverent

Reverent Active Member

I do have 3 batteries to swap, but I'd like them to last at least a day. Just saying. I guess I'll look into some weather/clock widgets then. I just really like the TW one for some reason. Maybe I'll find one I like more. As for the SMS app... I'm still not sure.
  23. Reverent

Reverent Active Member

Does Beautiful Widgets Pro have ads? I know the free version does.
  24. chanchan05

No it doesn't. But it doesn't look like the TouchWiz widget though.